Yorkville NX55P 12" 550W Powered Speaker
The new NX55P active speaker enclosure uses a combination of amplifier technologies to create the best combination of lightweight enclosure and high quality sound. Capitalizing on the already popular NX35’s molded cabinet technology, totally new switching power supply amplification and neodymium drivers, the 550 watt bi-amped NX55P weighs in at only 41 lbs (18.6kg)... the lightest in its class by a long shot.
Like all NX series enclosures,the NX55P is manufactured using tough, light weight low resonance variable density composite materials. In addition they are UV and moisture resistant. The NX55P enclosure itself has been molded for maximum versatility. The trapezoid box is ideal for mounting in arrays, or for use as a monitor. An improved wedge monitor angle has been incorporated into the new design.
The horn amplifier uses a two-tier class H linear technology, allowing the horn to produce loud clean transients to keep up with the high output of the woofer. The two-tier amplifier technology is a lower weight, more efficient amplifier with higher headroom and lower operating temperature. It is a perfect solution for powering the top end.
A newly designed switching amplifier drives the bottom end or woofer in the NX55P. The woofer or low frequency amplifier uses Class D switching technology to reduce overall weight of the amplifier section. This technology is similar to the power supply found in the EF500P active enclosure and new MicroMix M8 powered mixer.
The NX55P can easily be used in any orientation, and close to walls, floors and in close arrays with multiple cabinets. Particular care was taken designing the components to reduce extraneous heat production.
In the case of the NX55P, the combination of neodymium woofer magnetics, lightweight composite materials and high tech amplifier technology create a loudspeaker that has remarkable performance in such a lightweight package.
The NX55P has a versatile direct input system and built-in mixer. The mixer allows the loudspeaker to be used directly with a microphone and / or line source. The loop output allows additional active cabinets to be driven from one cabinet’s mixer stage, or a series of cabinets to be driven from one source. If desired, the end user can combine multiple NX55P's using the mixer inputs on each cabinet and coupling the loop outputs. In this simple example you would have the ideal presentation system with two microphone inputs, two line inputs.
The microphone input has equalization and high pass filtering appropriate for vocal applications. The trim control allows looped cabinets to be individually adjusted in level. The NX55P has user defeatable 100Hz high pass filters allow either cabinet to be used more efficiently with any Yorkville active subwoofer.
The NX55P enclosure itself has been molded for maximum versatility. The trapezoid box is ideal for mounting in arrays, or for use as a monitor cabinet with well-protected inputs and controls.
We''ve also found an opportunity to tweak the electronics for maximum overall speaker performance and protection. Borrowing some ideas from our powerful and popular TX Series PA systems, the limiters used in the input and crossover stages are a complex combination of gain reduction and sweeping filters. As the NX55P is being pushed to its maximum input / output levels, it''s advanced filtering begins rolling off unnecessary subsonic frequencies.
The filter has remarkable response times (less than 70ms), allowing the system to constantly be returning itself to make sure the output is as clean, as loud and as clear as possible at any given moment. This is achieved without negatively affecting the overall sonic quality of the cabinet. This ensures that the essential part of any mix, like the vocals or solo instruments, comes out clean and clear at the extremes of power and woofer excursion. Extremely fast and accurate limiting is in place to protect the speaker components.
The NX55P has a built in mixer that allows the loudspeaker to be used directly with a tuned microphone and / or line sources such as mixer, CD player or laptop computer. The loop output allows additional powered cabinets to be driven from one cabinet''s mixer stage, or a series of cabinets to be driven from one source. If desired, the end user can combine a pair of the NX55P's using the mixer inputs on each cabinet and coupling the loop outputs. In this simple example you would have the ideal presentation system with two microphone inputs, two line inputs optimized for CD, cassette or laptop computer audio source, complete within two speaker cabinets. Many NX55P's can be linked together but a maximum of three "mixers" can be active at any one time. (Making three mic sources and six line sources available in any three or more cabinet array). The microphone input has equalization and high pass filtering appropriate for vocal applications. The trim control allows looped cabinets to be individually adjusted in level. This is valuable in applications where large numbers of cabinets are used such as clusters or in trade show applications. The NX55P has a selectable two position high-pass filter to limit extraneous low frequency rumble, or to crossover at the input so the loudspeaker can easily and effectively be used with subwoofers from a single full range source. Engaging the high pass filter also makes the NX55P a more efficient and effective vocal monitor.
The NX55P is an ideal loudspeaker for mobile presentation PA where high volume and superior sound quality is required. Multiple loudspeakers can easily be linked using mixer inputs from each loudspeaker to create a six input system... no external mixer required. (Up to three "mixer" sources can be used in any one system.)
- Dual purpose full range and wedge monitor format enclosure
- Ultra-clear reproduction throughout bandwidth
- Lightweight, high efficiency, high tech, 550 Watt Bi-amped power module
- Proven TX style processing and component protection
- +/- 6dB input trim control for individual cabinet level adjustment
- XLR and TRS inputs / outputs for easy connection and looping
- Multi-input source mixer for direct inputs
- Direct microphone input with level control
- Two-way overall EQ controls
- Light-weight 12" Neodymium Woofer
- High quality 1" High Frequency driver
- Next generation woofer / driver / horn technology
- Integrated flying hardware (1/4" threaded holes)
- Tough, full length metal grille
- Recessed Mixer panel
- System Type: 2-Way
- Active or Passive: Active
- Program Power (Watts): 550
- Biampable: Self Powered
- Biamp Operation Only: Yes
- Max SPL (dB): 125
- Frequency Response (Hz +/- 3db):45 - 18k
- Crossover Frequency (Hz): 2k
- Driver Configuration: 12 inch / 1 inch
- HF Driver(s): 1.4-inch Aluminum with Neodymium Driver / 1-inch exit
- HF Program Power (Watts): 100
- HF Dispersion (°H x °V): 80 x 50
- HF Protection: Thermal / Peak Limiter
- LF Driver(s): 12 inch Neodymium Magnet 3 inch voicecoil
- LF Program Power(Watts): 450
- LF Protection: Thermal / Overcurrent
- Total Power (Watts): 550
- HF Power Amplifier (Watts): 100
- HF Amplifier Type: Two Tier Class H
- LF Power Amplifier (Watts): 450
- LF Amplifier Type: Class D
- Power Cable: Yes
- Power Switch: Yes
- Power Consumption (typ/max): 60Hz 2.0A / 50Hz 1,0A
- Inputs: 7
- Inputs - 1/4" Jacks: 2 (line input) 2 (link in/out)
- Inputs - XLR: 1 (mic) 2 (line in/out)
- Input Sensitivity (Vrms Sine): +4dBv / 1.23V
- Mixer Controls: Mixer on/off switch
- Mic Gain
- Line/CD Gain
- Treble/Bass Tweak
- Level Controls: +/- 6dB Main Volume
- EQ Controls: 100Hz HP Filter (LF Rolloff)
- Limiter: Yes
- LED Indicators: Power/Clip/Limit
- Feet: Yes
- Flying Hardware: 1/4-20 x 5 - 2 (Top), 2 (Bottom), 1 (Pullback)
- Optional Flying Hardware: NXF Flyware
- Bar Handles: 1 (Side)
- Pole Mount Adapter: (1 3/8"-3.5cm) Yes
- Enclosure Materials: Molded Polypropylene
- Grille: Perforated Metal
- Covering / Finish: Black
- Dimensions (DWH xbackW, inches): 12.25 x 16 x 26.5 x 9
- Dimensions (DWH xbackW, cm): 31.12 x 40.6 x 67.3 x 22.9
- Weight (lbs/kg): 41 / 18.6