Yorkville YSM5 5-Inch Powered Studio Monitor
The Yorkville YSM5 is the most compact studio monitor in the YSM series, making it perfect for small listening spaces and desktop studios. Unmatched clarity, precise reproduction and surprisingly punchy bottom end response for a monitor in this class, the YSM5 uses a solid ¾" MDF cabinet and baffle to reduce rumble and cabinet self-interference. The front facing port design solves the issue of bass coupling with back walls and corners in small environments which can generate false low-frequency information in your mix.
Compatible with virtually any source, Yorkville YSM5 has a widely variable input trim control making it compatible with any source including direct connection to a soundcard, or connection to a professional console control room output. Four position high frequency trim controls (at -2, -1, 0 and +1.5dB) allow user adjustable EQ contour to compensate for speaker placement in less than perfect listening spaces.
Contoured MDF baffles, custom designed soft dome tweeters and high quality low frequency woofers used in Yorkville's YSM Series monitors combine to minimize front face reflections creating improving phase response, providing a wider 'sweet spot' in the listening position. Front facing port design solves the issue of bass coupling with back walls and corners in small environments which can generate false low-frequency information in your mix.
Rock-solid 3/4-inch MDF cabinet construction with heavy internal bracing and ample internal dampening material reduces unwanted low frequency rumble ensures Yorkville YSM Series cabinets reproduce source material with near pinpoint accuracy and detail.
- Reproduces source material with near pinpoint accuracy and detail
- Contoured MDF baffle engineered to minimize front face reflections
- Front facing port design eliminates bass coupling with back walls and corners in imperfect listening environments
- Improved phase response provides a wider 'sweet spot' in the listening position
- Strategic bracing and ample internal dampening eliminates unwanted low frequency rumble
- Biamplified power module (40-watts woofer / 15-watts tweeter)
- Custom designed soft dome tweeter
- High quality low frequency 5" woofer
- Rock-solid 3/4-inch MDF cabinet construction
- XLR and ¼" TRS balanced inputs
- 4-position high frequency trim control to optimize response for recording space
- Front mounted power switch for added convenience
- System type: 2-way active studio monitors
- Program power: 55-watts
- Biampable: self powered
- Biamp operation only: yes
- Max SPL: 105 dB
- Frequency response (Hz +/- 3db): 52-20,000
- Crossover frequency: 3000 Hz
- HF drivers: 1" neodymium soft-dome tweeter
- HF program power: 15-watts
- LF drivers: 5" composite woofer
- LF program power: 40-watts
- LF protection: thermal / current limit
- HF distortion: 0.0003
- LF distortion: 0.0002
- Inputs: 1 combi-jack
- Mixer controls: HF trim (-2,-1, 0,+1dB) 4-position preset
- Level controls: input gain
- Enclosure materials: MDF
- Baffle material: MDF
- Ports: yes - front
- Dimensions: 9.5" x 7.5" x 11.5" / 24cm x 19cm x 29cm (DxWxHxbackW)
- Weight: 15 lbs. / 6.8 kg.