Pioneer DJ DJM-S5 Scratch Style Two-Channel DJ Mixer for Serato DJ Pro
The DJM-S5 inherits a familiar layout to the flagship DJM-S11 two-channel scratch style DJ mixer and features a vibrant red-glossy design revealing the ornate construction of Pioneer DJ DJ’s MAGVEL FADER PRO. The large effect levers on the DJM-S5 are the same size as DJM-S11 levers, and control up to 57 different effects in Serato DJ Pro including paid expansion packs. Pioneer DJ DJ’s new mixer also provides four Performance Pads on each channel to control pad modes including Hot Cue, Sampler and Scratch Bank. Features such as MAGVEL FADER PRO elevate the scratching experience while Feeling Adjust enables artists to adjust the crossfader resistance to their individual preference. The brand-new Scratch Cutter feature applies the artist’s choice of six cutting patterns to the sample or track in time with the track on the other deck without crossfader movement. The DJM-S5 mixer also boasts the new Crossfader Hot Cue feature allowing artists to create a scratchlike sound with the crossfader. The DJM-S5 is the first-ever Pioneer DJ mixer with USB bus power for on the go, plug and play performance. The new mixer also offers native control of Serato DJ Pro and Serato DVS. Artists simply connect the mixer to a PC / Mac running the software and start playing.
- Scratch Cutter The DJM-S5 emulates the popular transformer scratch technique by applying a cutting effect to the music in perfect time with the track on the other deck. Artists activate the scratch by selecting one of the six cutting patterns, turning on the Scratch Cutter function with the effects lever and moving the control vinyl or jog wheel (when using DVS control) forward and backward.
- Crossfader Hot Cue The all-new Crossfader Hot Cue feature creates scratch-like sounds with a sample or track without the need to move the control vinyl on the deck. Every time artists move the fader away from the edge, the track or sample on the relevant deck plays from the most recent Hot Cue point.
- USB Bus Power and Standalone Mixer Versatility The DJM-S5 is the first-ever Pioneer DJ mixer with USB power capability. USB power offers artists the flexibility to practice and perform anywhere they carry their decks. In addition, the DJM-S5 works as a standalone mixer—allowing artists to play music from a variety of sources such as analog vinyl records. Although the mixer is USB powered, the DJM-S5 produces a wide-ranging bright sound to bring out the best of all music genres—from hip-hop and house, to R&B and rock.
- New Design Aesthetic The DJM-S5 features a brand-new top plate split into bright red gloss and black sections with contrasting detailing and black controls and buttons to create the look of a musical instrument. A transparent window on the front plate shows off the inner workings of the MAGVEL FADER PRO, while grab handles make the compact and lightweight mixer easy to carry
- MAGVEL FADER PRO Crossfader MAGVEL FADER PRO Crossfader featuring Feeling Adjust, allows artists to tweak the “weight” and resistance to find their perfect scratch feel. The crossfader is extremely robust with a rigid vertical knob to handle energetic and repetitive scratch techniques.
- Effect Levers The DJM-S5 features two large effect levers—same size as the DJM-S11 levers—to control up to 57 effects in Serato DJ Pro including paid expansion packs. Artists hold or release the levers to turn the effect on and off. Alternatively, artists can lock the levers to browse and scratch tracks with both hands while the effect is on. The mixer also features two banks to save effects for quick access.
- Performance Pads Artists looking to experiment their creativity can do so with 13 pad modes including Hot Cue and Sampler. Using the four Performance Pads on each deck, which measure 20.6 mm x 20.6 mm, artists can trigger samples and find new ways to remix their tracks live and add texture to the music.
- Serato DJ Pro and DVS Plug-and-Play Compatibility Artists plug the DJM-S5 into a PC/Mac running the Serato DJ Pro application and receive a host of professional performance features for free. The DJM-S5 also offers free support for Serato DVS— allowing artists to use analog turntables with control vinyl or DJ players to play and scratch tracks in their Serato crates. All sounds are sent to the stream via Serato DJ Pro—removing the need for external equipment such as a soundcard.