Operations Manager APPLY NOW
Founded over 40 years ago, Solotech is a world leader in audiovisual and entertainment technology with 18 strategic locations in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and China. Thanks to an inventory encompassing over 300 renowned manufacturers, Solotech is the single source for audio, video, lighting, rigging, soft goods, control and collaboration solutions and services. The company is internationally recognized for its expertise in Live Productions and Systems Integration in various markets, namely music, sports, business, culture and education. Clients can also benefit from its Service Center, Online Store and virtual technology know-how. Solotech is fully supported by three major shareholders: Claridge, Desjardins Capital and Investissement Québec. The company employs 1,360 professionals in its offices located in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Nashville, Miami, Orlando, Pensacola, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City, Saguenay, Halifax, Macau and Hong Kong. Find out more at www.solotech.com
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting directly to the Director of Software Applications, the Operations Manager is responsible for management of the entire warehouse and distribution functions within the organization. They will also be responsible for the supervision of the Warehouse Manager and warehouse staff and may support the Director of Software Applications in monitoring and managing systems and data.
- Manages and directs warehouse manager and their team, including indirect responsibility for recruitment, selection, corrective action, performance evaluations and terminations.
- Provides backup duties and all tasks of the warehouse manager if necessary
- Assist in monitoring and managing systems and data, including Acumatica ERP system.
- Develops and implements new policies and procedures to increase productivity and save costs, presenting recommendations to the executive team when necessary.
- Analyzes freight out costs to devise methods that insure minimal costs.
- Negotiates, renews, and awards all company operations contracts, including freight carrier, maintenance and more.
- Oversees maintenance of office/warehouse building and systems.
- Head of Safety responsibilities; Directs activities of the safety team; Develops and implements safety policies and procedures in the organization.
- Coach direct reports in developing policies and procedures to be implemented in their department.
- Research and analyze practices of other companies to develop internal practices to remain competitive as an organization.
- Direct and lead focus groups that involve issues dealing with operational challenges.
- Fulfill monitoring requirement of leader team.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Highschool diploma or GED
- Permit for operating a forklift and/or an aerial lift, and training on working at heights an asset
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in an operations-related role
- Pro Audio/Video/Lighting industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
- Basic knowledge of Acumatica ERP software a plus
- Ability to work on-site during standard operating hours
- Ability to lead and manage a team of up to 15 people
- Strong capacity to work with multiple schedules at once and under pressure
- Environment may be fast paced and stressful
- Ability to solve complicated problems
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Strong relational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to work well with clients (internal and external)
- Adapt to change easily
- Strong team player and highly collaborative
- May include travel to other Solotech locations
This is not an all-inclusive list but is intended to give an overview of the requirements for this position. Reasonable accommodation will be provided under appropriate circumstances and in accordance with applicable law. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Continually: Sit, walk, speak, and hear
- Continually: Type, write, and read
- Occasionally: Stand, carry, reach, lift and push up to 80 lbs.
|||Westminster, CA|||Operations ||||||oBn__v1jNDFVcp4J|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false