*This is an upgrade from Ableton Live LE/Intro to Ableton Suite 9.Create, produce and perform. Create ideas, make changes without stopping, and capture everything as you work.
If you've used music software before, you're already familiar with one half of Ableton Live. Live's Arrangement View is a familiar working space: time moves from left to right, while tracks are stacked vertically.
But Live also features the revolutionary Session View: a unique sketchpad for improvising, playing and performing with musical ideas, without the constraints of the timeline. Freely and independently start and stop any number of audio or MIDI loops - everything stays in sync. Almost everything in Live works in real-time - add, reorder or remove devices, play with Live's flexible track routing and more - all without interrupting your creative flow.
Live's unique Session View makes it easy to improvise with musical ideas. In Live 9, you can now record parameter changes directly into Session View for even more flexibility. Edit automation curves with the mouse to create smooth mix transitions or radical parameter changes in your clips.
In one click, create new Session View scenes from your Arrangement tracks, or drag and copy individual clips from Arrangement to Session. The automation comes with them, making it easier than ever to move from improvising to arranging and back.Find sounds fast. With Live's new browser, spend less time finding sounds and more time making music.
Live's new browser puts all of your instruments and effects, samples, Packs and VST/Audio Units plug-ins in one easy-to-navigate view. Drag and drop folders into the browser from anywhere on your computer. Search as you type, navigate from the keyboard and sort items by various categories.Play new sounds. Live's library includes new Instrument Racks and sounds to get you going fast.
Live 9 Suite comes with more than 3000 production-ready sounds that give you the full range of vintage synthesizers, drum kits and one-shot samples, acoustic instruments and loops - all powered by Live's built-in synthesizers and effects so they can be tweaked and personalized. All sounds are organized for Live 9's new browser and work seamlessly with all common hardware controllers.Get your sound right. The new analog-modeled Glue Compressor and redesigned studio effects help you get a better sound in less time.
Live's new Glue Compressor, developed in collaboration with Cytomic, is modeled on a classic 80s console bus compressor, both for its great sound and also to provide musical results with a simple set of controls. Live's studio effects - Compressor, Gate and EQ Eight - have been improved with new displays, enhanced controls and better sound, making it easier to see and hear your changes.
Convert your favorite drum break with the Drums-to-MIDI feature and reuse it with your own sounds. Speed up your remixing work by using Harmony-to-MIDI to get the notes and chords from the original audio stems. Or simply seed your creativity with inspiring, natural-feeling MIDI grabbed directly from the most exciting parts of your music collection.
Your voice is the new keyboard: sing, beatbox, tap a rhythm on your desk, or play any solo instrument to capture your musical ideas as they come. Then use the Melody- or Drums-to-MIDI feature to turn your recordings into MIDI clips that you can edit and reuse with any sound.Edit the Details
Powerful MIDI note manipulation tools and an improved editing workflow help you create new musical ideas fast.
- Transform MIDI notes: New controls in the MIDI editor let you quickly invert, reverse, transpose and speed up or slow down selected MIDI notes in a single click.
- Move notes on and off the grid: Beats are easier to see when editing, and editing grids are now "sticky", allowing notes to be freely moved and resized while still snapping when close to grid lines.
- Stretch MIDI notes: MIDI Note Stretch markers let you speed up, slow down - or even reverse - selected MIDI notes.
- Warp clip automation: Audio clip automation is warped alongside the audio itself. Envelopes in MIDI clips can be stretched using MIDI stretch markers.
- Edit automation more easily: Add or remove breakpoints with a single click. Hover the mouse near envelope segments to select and drag them without using a modifier.
- Add curves to automation: Hold a modifier while dragging to create and edit curves in automation envelopes.
Max for Live, based on Cycling 74's Max 6, is now included with Live 9 Suite. Get access to all of the 900+ devices built by the Max for Live community.Get 26 new instruments and effects with Max for Live - including Convolution Reverb and Drum Synth
Because Live 9 Suite comes with Max for Live included, it comes with 26 new devices built with Max for Live. These include synths and effects, but also LFOs, envelopes, note delays and control modifiers to bring new expressive and creative possibilities.Features:
- 700+ Sounds (4GB)
- 3 Instruments
- 26 Effects
- Unique Session View for quick, intuitive composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Multi-track recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Powerful MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching
- Unlimited Instruments, Audio effects and MIDI effects per project
- Group tracks
- VST and Audio Unit support
- Time signature changes
- Multiple automation lanes
- Track Freeze
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation
- MIDI remote control instant mapping
- MIDI output to hardware synths
- MIDI Clock/sync
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support