Akai MPC-X Standalone Sampler & Sequencer w/ Magma CTRL Case
Alpha and omega: The history of modern music is intrinsically linked to the Akai Professional MPC line. We’ve created machines that have spawned new genres and advanced existing ones. Countless instruments have attempted to replicate the design, workflow and celebrated swing of the Music Production Center. In short, the MPC is a legend maker.
The Beast, Unleashed: The X is a standalone MPC featuring a beautiful, full color 10.1" multi-touch screen, 16 amazingly responsive, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads and 16 gigs of internal storage. To make it a truly untethered, computer-free experience, the X also features two USB slots that can be used for MIDI controller connectivity.
Powering the X is the stellar MPC 2.0 Software, which runs natively in standalone mode. For more expressive performances, there are 16 touch-sensitive 360° assignable pots—perfect for precisely automating individual QLink parameters. Above each of those QLink pots is a high-resolution OLED display, detailing info for the individual parameter.
To plug or not to plug: Whether you prefer to go computer-free or not, it can’t be denied that there are some fantastic sounding VST instruments and effects out there. For those times when you need your favorite plug-ins, the MPC X effortlessly goes from formidable standalone to high-powered MIDI controller, explicitly designed to run the feature-rich MPC Software 2.0 in your favorite DAW. A number of new features added to 2.0 include: Audio track recording, improved time warp, enhanced Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and drop—all appearing on a new graphical interface.
Infinite sounds, unlimited inspiration: The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The X builds on that reputation. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, CR2 Records, and Akai. Want to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? The X features a 2.5" SATA drive connector providing additional storage via installation of a fixed hard drive – SSD or HDD (sold separately). Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive. You can also record directly to all the aforementioned storage locations.
Above and beyond: The MPC X has a number of additional features that make it the most powerful standalone music production tool to date. Onboard CV/Gate outputs enable the analog control of modular gear such as classic synths and drum machines. For vinyl junkies, they've include two RCA phono inputs with RIAA preamp to ensure the right levels are coming into the X from your turntable. The joy of sampling vinyl is at the core of what made the classic MPC workflow legendary. Akai is staying true to their roots while simultaneously improving the sound and stability of the sampling process.
The MPC X is the pinnacle of lengthy research and development, detailed feedback from their passionate user base and the merging of the best technologies from across their product line. Akai proudly present the Music Production Center that embodies the best of past, present and future beat-oriented production machines. The MPC X will be the centerpiece of studios worldwide—and yours— for years to come.Features:
- Standalone MPC – no computer required
- 10.1" full-color multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software
- 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Link controls with OLED displays
- Turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI outputs
- 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs for the analog control of modular gear, such as classic synths
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link and WiFi will be supported in future updates
- Dimensions (When display is flat): 3.4" x 19.9" x 16.7" / 87.3 mm x 504.5 mm x 424.4 mm (HxWxD)
- Dimensions (When display is upright): 8.4" x 19.9" x 15.3" / 213.5 mm x 504.5 mm x 387.9 mm (HxWxD)
Magma MGA48001 CTRL Case
The new Magma CTRL Case is a lightweight and compact carrying solution. The case is crafted from lightweight Durashock molded EVA foam and water repellent polyester exterior. The lid is lined with high density egg-crate foam to protect the displays, jog wheels, and controls. Use the Magma CTRL Case with a Decksaver cover for added protection. To fit the Decksaver, simply remove the velcro-attached foam lining under the lid. The Magma CTRL Case is ideal for most airline overhead compartments.Features:
- Crafted from rigid Durashock molded EVA foam and water repellent polyester exterior shell
- Padded interior foam for all around protection
- Removable lid egg-crate foam protects faders, knobs and pads
- Sturdy zipper
- Comfortable, rivet reinforced carrying handles and detachable shoulder strap