Akai MPD232 Midi USB Pad ControllerChoose Your Weapon: Building on the success of the original, the feature-packed MPD2 Series gives you amazing creative musical ammo with Thick Fat backlit MPC pads, improved controls and new bundled software
OK, it was a tall order. People loved the original MPDs so much that Akai didn't want to mess with success.
But they did.
The MPD2 Series is a product of over six years of detailed customer research and user feedback. We asked what you wanted and we listened closely. Akai took what you told them and turned it into the most capable and user-friendly line of pad controllers Akai Professional has developed to date.Nitty-Gritty
The MPD232 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller perfect for producers, programmers, musicians and DJs alike. Its intuitive blend of MPC controls and technologies mesh with easy USB connectivity to bring the feel of classic beat making into the world of computer music production.Experience the Difference
First, they stepped up their game by adding new, ultra sensitive Thick Fat MPC pads, creating an amazingly responsive user experience. The MPD232 has an expanded control set featuring eight knobs, eight faders, eight buttons arranged in three banks for 72 total controls. This will enable you to maximize your sound and give you increased control over effects.
The MPD232 also boasts an all-new 64-channel, 32-step performance sequencer, which the MPD32 did not have. MIDI information is sent over its plug-and-play USB interface for use on Mac or PC, eliminating the need to install any drivers.Goodies
Along with the improved functionality they've added iOS compatibility using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately) and included over $400 of free software. Titles include: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Big Bang Drums and Big Bang Cinema from Sonivox, Ableton Live Lite, and Software Preset Editor.
The aforementioned Software Preset Editor allows you to enjoy intuitive control editing right from the front panel of the MPD232.
Akai's MPD2 Series marks an important evolution of the pad controller. Many years of research and customer feedback has led directly to some of the most capable pad controllers they've ever developed. These MPDs are the perfect bridge between your creativity and your computer-based studio.Features:
- 64-part, 32-step sequencer to control pad events
- 16 Thick Fat RGB illuminated velocity and pressure sensitive MPC pads
- 64 assignable pads accessible via 4 banks
- 8 assignable faders, 8 assignable Q-Link knobs, 8 assignable Q-Link buttons
- 72 assignable controls accessible via 3 banks
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, 16 Level, Full Level and Tap Tempo
- 30 presets total, with configurations for most popular DAWs
- iOS compatible using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- MIDI In and Out jacks for controlling external gear
- Dedicated Transport controls
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion and Big Bang Universal Drums