Albatros Audio PH10B CHEF Headphone Mono Amplifier
The CHEF amplifier has been designed to allow the conductor to communicate with the production management (PROD)(Mobile or stage manager), his musicians (ORCH) and a third speaker (ON AIR)( maybe towards the Hall). He must also receive information from the control room on an auxiliary input (INTERPHONE), and, in addition to receiving a stereo audio program of the show.
Communication system- Microphone preamplifier +30 db
Assignment to three outputs with priority to PRODUCTION "PROD"
- To PROD: Momentary luminous switch on the box OR external pedal switch. Line level 4dbm (variable)
- To ORCH: Toggle switch on box. An indicator light (GREEN) indicates its position. Micro level -40dbm (or on request +4db)
- To ON AIR: Toggle switch on box. An indicator light (RED) indicates its position. Microphone level -40dbm (or on request +4db)
- Central position: Microphone assignment OFF
Stereo program input (+4 db line level)
Operational amplifier with high common noise rejection performance (-120db)
RF filter: Maximum level: +20db
Auxiliary input (+4 db line level)(INTERCOM)
Operational Amplifier has high common noise rejection performance (CMR= -120db).
RF filter: Maximum level: +20db
The audio signal on the AUX input is used to initiate a 'DUCKER' or compressor circuit. The user can choose to activate the 'DUCKER' on the left program and have the AUX mixer source in the left channel. Or have the AUX signal mixed in the left and right program.
When the switch (near the INTERPHONE / AUX control) is in the DIM position, the DUCKER circuit will compress the left program and the AUX signal will be mixed into the left program.
Left LED master VU tracks AUX signal level in POST-FADER mode
When in MIX position the DUCKER circuit is bypassed and the left program retains its dynamics and the AUX signal will be mixed in the left and right program. (Factory nominal)
The left and right LED master VU allows to follow the level of the AUX signal in POST-FADER mode.
Compression circuit fast attack (5ms) release (RELEASE) up to 5000ms. (Factory: 1000ms) This circuit controls the dynamics of the audio program on the left channel.
When the MIX/DIM switch is in the DIM position.
The AUX signal is used to drive a compressor circuit which will reduce the left program level by -10db, allowing the message from the AUX input to pass through better for the conductor.
A threshold control (THRESHOLD -40db to +20db) adjusts the compression level of the left channel program.
- 10 LED stereo master VU to visualize Left/Right audio levels in PFL mode for the Program.
- Audio type stereo volume control.
- Balance control between Left / Right channels.
- Power amplifiers up to 10Watts into an 8 ohm load.
- Universal power supply SWITCHING mode Voltage 95V/240VAC 50/60Hz
- Standard IEC type power supply socket.
- Standard XLR type connectors for Inputs / Outputs.
- PIN 1 LIFT on all Inputs / Outputs.
- Support attachment for microphone stand.
- Two 1/4 JACK headphone jacks.
- Two 1/8 JACK headphone jacks.
- Dimensions 7" X 7" X 3.5".
- Simultaneous translation interpreter
- Radio/Television presenter
- "Voice over"
Selecting either "Yes" or "No" for each "Was this review helpful?" form within each review will automatically submit your choice.
Questions & Answers
Selecting either "Yes" or "No" for each "Was this answer helpful?" form within each answer will automatically submit your choice.