ART TransX 2 Channel Microphone Preamplifier
The TransX two channel microphone preamplifier features a new low noise discrete transformer coupled high performance preamplification circuit. Building upon the quality and success of great sounding products like the Pro MPA II and the Pro VLA II, ART engineers set out to develop the next generation of professional microphone preamplifier to compliment their tube-based preamps. The TransX sets a new standard for quality and value. Professional features and spectacular tone are what make the TransX a world-class microphone preamplifier.
- Input Transformer blocks R.F. and other noise
- Custom Output Transformer reduces ground noise and maintains level for Balance/Unbalanced connections
- Low noise, low THD discrete audio path
- High impedance direct coupled low noise Instrument input
- Variable input impedance on the XLR input
- Rotary switches allow for reliable, repeatable results
- Gain trim function for precise adjustment of gain
- 20dB pad allows high level XLR input signals
- Wide range peak sensitive LED meter
- Phase reverse switch
- Auto muting on outputs
- Ground lift function on each channel’s outputs
- Universal External supply reduces noise and lowers power consumption
- Rugged, reliable steel chassis shields the preamp from external noise
- Frequency Response: 10-50kHz + 1dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.009% @1kHz, +4dBu out
- CMRR: 90dB @60Hz
- Equivalent Input Noise:
- Mic (@max gain) -128dBu "C" wtd.
- Inst. (@ max gain) -125dBu "C" wtd.
- Input Impedance:
- Mic 150 to 1k Ohm variable
- Instrument 1M Ohm
- Maximum Gain:
- Mic in to output (bal.) +68dB
- Inst. IN to Main output (bal.) +59dB
- Maximum Input Level:
- XLR +24dBu
- Instrument +15dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +24dBu
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Low Cut Filter:
- Slope 6dB/Oct.
- Range 10Hz to 200 Hz
- Step size 1/3 Oct.
- Phantom Power: Switch selectable, +48V DC, filtered, current limited
- Chassis Type: Chassis Steel, Painted finish
- Power Supply:
- Input requirements USA – 85 to 250 VAC/ 50-60 Hz
- Export units configured for country of destination.
- Output requirements 48 V dc, 10 Watts Max
- Dimensions: 1.75?H x 19?W x 9.5?D (44m x 483mm x 241mm)
- Weight: 13.2 lbs. (6.0 kg)
With the locking power supply plug connected, the depth increases to 11.6? (295mm) total
0 dBu = 0.775 VRMS
ART maintains a policy of constant product improvement. ART reserves the right to make changes in design, or make additions to, or improvements upon, this product without any obligation to install same on products previously manufactured. Therefore, specifications are subject to change without notice.