Arturia Beatstep Pro USB MIDI Step SequencerPURE SEQUENCING POWERHOUSE
BeatStep Pro is a world class controller and a dynamic performance sequencer that is unmatched in power and connectivity.
On stage or in the studio BeatStep Pro is designed to perform. Whether you work with MIDI, USB, CV/gate or DIN sync gear, BeatStep Pro is all about no limits and total creative control.Step up your music
You can from the BeatStep Pro manage a full performance, controlling software instruments, analog and digital synthesizers, drum machines and drum kits, iPad apps.
THREE MODES OF OPERATION
BeatStep Pro features two melodic step sequencers. Record note pitch, length and velocity in real-time with the pads or an external keyboard and hear your sequence play back, quantized at the step resolution. You can also enter them in step mode using the touch-sensitive knobs and step buttons.
Sequences can have up to 64 steps, there are 32 sequences per project and 16 projects.Drum sequencer
Alongside the two monophonic melodic sequencers, BeatStep Pro also features a 16 track drum sequencer. Once again, these sequences can be recorded in real-time by banging the pads, or with a classic drum machine workflow, by entering steps.
The knobs can be used to define the note length and velocity, but also to shift them from the grid quantization, in order to get exactly the kind of groove you want.MIDI Controller
BeatStep Pro comes with touch-sensitive encoders. Simply brush any knob to know the value of the associated parameter. With an additional set of 16 pads and many transport controls you can configure the way you want, take control of your VST instruments like never before. The controller mode allows you to trigger clips in your favorite DAW, play drum sounds in a module or adjust parameters in your favorite plug-in. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.Performance Maestro
As if all this were not enough, we added a number of performance effects such as a looper with touch strip, randomizer, swing settings and other hands on control possibilities that are sure to make this a modern classic.Total integration
With USB, MIDI in and out, CV/GATE outputs, and Clock in/out that can work as a 1:1 clock with an external clock generator or DIN sync, the BeatStep Pro goes well beyond any other step-sequencer on the market. You can use it with large modular synthesizers, current digital synthesizers, the computer.FEATURES:2 monophonic step sequencers:
16-track drum sequencer (one track per pad):
- Up to 64 steps per sequence
- Note, velocity and gate time settings per step
- Note tie
- MIDI controller mode
- Fully customizable for knobs, step buttons and velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- Send MIDI CC, note data, program changes
- 16 Projects, each with 16x2 sequences, 16 drum sequences and a controller map.
- Performance controls
- Randomizer with Amount and Probability settings
- Real-time looper/roller touch strip
- Independent swing amount per sequence
- Touch sensitive knobs
- Tap Tempo
- Kensington lock
All the controls you need on BeatStep Pro's front panel and rear connections:TRANSPORT
- CV/GATE outputs (1 volt per octave CV, 10 volt gates)
- 8 drum gate outputs
- Clock sync with multiple standards
- MIDI In/Out with supplied MIDI adaptors
- USB class compliant
TRANS LNK/PRST LNK
- Send MIDI MACHINE CONTROL messages to start and stop your favorite DAW. Use the RECORD mode to quantize record sequencesor drum patterns in real-time.
SWING and Randomizer
- Link your sequence preset or transposition changes so all sequencers change at the same time.
- Separate swing per sequencer or global swing. Adds subtle or wild amounts of pattern randomization. Amount and probability controls allow for limitless options.
Multiple sync sources
- Each sequence can be from 1 to 64 steps in length. The display will show the current playback position and bank length of the currently selected sequence.
SEQUENCE control section
- Internal clock, USB and external MIDI clock, or analog/DIN clocking.
- This section allows you to choose your sequence, set the KNOBS mode for each sequencer and MUTE playback of individual sequencers.
Touch sensitive knobs
- Choose PROJECTS and the CONTROL mode from here.
- Touch a knob and see its value in the LED display. The knobs allow for entering of pitch, gate, velocity amounts and timing shifts per step.
Pressure sensitive pads
- The 16 STEP buttons allow for instant user control of the current sequencers steps it is playing back. They also function as direct select buttons for choosing the current sequencers presets.
- The 16 pads, known for their great sensitivity, allow for user playing of sounds in the control or drum mode as well as for pitch transposition in the SEQ1 and SEQ2 modes.
- 1 volt per octave CV/GATE outputs per sequence. A separate VELO output allows you even more possibilities in a modular synth or MiniBrute/MicroBrute setup.
- The drum sequencer will send gate outputs from the corresponding pads for triggering external devices.
- Clock input and output can work with standard square wave clocks. Using our DIN adaptor cable, you can set the BeatStep Pro to send or receive DIN sync with stop/start messages.
- Using our included MIDI adaptors you can use the BeatStep to interface with any MIDI equipped gear.
- The USB port allows for standard class-compliant bus-powered operation. Use a USB power adaptor to run the BeatStep Pro in a standalone situation.