*Due to procedures and safety policies as a result of Covid-19, we are experiencing processing and shipping delays for Touring Gear products. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work hard to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our staff. Please contact us for more information.
Audix SCX25A Cardioid Condenser Microphone
The SCX25A is a professional studio condenser microphone with an elegant design and a patented capsule suspension system. Uniquely shock-mounted within an intricate machined brass ring, the capsule is completely isolated from the mic body and electronics. By successfully minimizing acoustic reflections and diffractions, the SCX25A delivers a pure, open-air sound with exceptional detail and realism.
The SCX25A is consistent when responding to on and off-axis signals. This mic exhibits outstanding phase coherence and minimal proximity effect. With a wide cardioid polar pattern, the SCX25A enables the sound engineer to blend the sound of the instrument or vocal with the sound of the room. The SCX25A large diaphragm microphone will handle SPLs in excess of 135 dB and provides up to 20 dB of ambient noise rejection.
Affectionately referred to as “The Lollipop,” The SCX25A cardioid studio condenser microphone is perfectly suited to capture the sound of acoustic instruments such as pianos, guitars, vibes, woodwinds, brass, percussion toys, drums, orchestra, and symphony sections.
Designed, machined, assembled, and tested by Audix in the USA.
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: 28 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14 dB (A-weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 80 dB
- Maximum SPL: ≥135 dB
- Dynamic Range: 121 dB
- Power Requirements: 48-52 V phantom
- Connector: 3-pin XLRm
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Materials / Finish: Machined Brass / Black Finish
- Weight: 244 g / 8.6 oz
- Length: 148 mm / 5.8 in
What's inside the box:
- 1x SCX25A Condenser Microphone
- 1x Metal Adapter To Accommodate 3/8″ Microphone Stands
- 1x CASEWOOD Foam-Lined Wooden Case
- 1x DCLIP Microphone Clip