BASSBOSS DV12-MKII 12-Inch 3000-Watt Powered Speaker
Extremely high output and uniform energy dispersion over a very wide and deep sound field.
The DV12-MKII single 12" Top offers ultra high-fidelity, full-range music reproduction, excellent speech intelligibility, extremely wide dispersion, and even sound projection over distance. The MKII update has brought deeper frequency response, better performance, and improved ergonomics.
With frequency range now down at ±3 dB to 40 Hz in full range mode, the DV12-MKII offers more bass output than many mass-market subs.
Designed for incredible sonic clarity and true full-range performance, the DV12-MKII is simply the best single 12″ top on the market.
The result is even higher output, resolution, depth and detail than the original. With the MKII, the DV12-MKII again sets the standard for the full-range compact main loudspeaker.
The DV12-MKII is a high-impact, wide dispersion and long-throw cabinet with the ability to fill many venues without the need for a subwoofer. In Satellite Mode, when the DV12-MKII is paired with a BASSBOSS sub, its abundant power is used to provide even higher output levels in the mid and high ranges. With extreme SPL for its size, it offers significantly more output than competing cabinets.
Ultra-wide 120 degree horizontal dispersion covers wide audience areas easily. Its line-array wave-guide provides tight vertical pattern control resulting in improved clarity at greater distances. This design also provides more even sound level over those distances than conventional horns.
The DV12 has the BASSBOSS Invertible Array feature which provides for coherent summing of two arrayed boxes. This allows the system’s output to be scaled up significantly without compromising sound quality or coverage. The two line array wave guides couple to provide coverage for much larger audiences with only 2 boxes per side.
All BASSBOSS loudspeakers are complete systems. Optimized cabinet design, premium quality drivers, power-matched amplification and comprehensive processing ensure that no matter the demand, they keep their cool, keep their character and keep on working.
- Specially-developed high-performance woofer features increased excursion and power handling capabilities with reduced distortion.
- Upgraded compression driver from a 2.5″ to 3″ diaphragm, featuring smoother frequency response and increased sensitivity.
- Updated cabinet tuning takes advantage of improved low-frequency performance of new woofer.
- Multiple handles have been added, making set-up even easier.
- Loudspeaker Description: Long throw, wide dispersion compact full-range speaker
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 40 – 19,000 Hz
- Maximum Sustained Output (Full-Range): 120 dB SPL, 1m, 2pi, half-space
- Maximum Sustained Output (Satellite-Mode): 126 dB SPL, 1m, 2pi, half-space
- Max SPL (Peak): 134 dB
- Nominal Dispersion (H° x V°): 120 x 20
- Amplification: 3000 Watt 2 Channel Powersoft Class D Amplifier
- Processing: Integrated comprehensive DSP provides high pass, low pass, equalization, phase alignment and limiting
- Electrical Connectors, Amplifier: Neutrik powerCON Input (Blue) NAC3FCA, Neutrik powerCON Through (Grey) NAC3FCA
- Electrical Connector, Mains: Standard US 3-pin 120V electrical plug: NEMA 5-15 (Edison)
- Voltage Operating Range: 90-250V. Auto-sensing, auto-switching, PFC universal power supply.
- Current Draw, Nominal: 3.6A @ 120 volts, 2A @ 220V (typical, 1/8 max power)
- Signal Input Connector: XLR-F
- Signal Output Connector: XLR-M (pass-through only)
- Enclosure Type: Self-powered, bi-amplified, 2-way full-range. Direct radiating vented LF section, wave-guide-loaded HF section
- Transducer (Low Frequency): 1 x 12” diameter (300 mm) neodymium motor woofer with 4” (100mm) voice coil
- Transducer (High Frequency): 1 x 1.4” throat neodymium motor compression driver with 3” (76mm) voice coil on isophasic wave guide
- Cabinet Construction: 15 mm multi-ply Finland Birch plywood with internal bracing and damping. Includes 8 steel braced 10mm fly points and a 35mm pole socket
- Exterior Finish: Rugged, weatherproof, black textured, bonded high-pressure polyurethane coating
- Grill: Perforated, powder-coated steel
- Pole Sockets: 1 (35 mm)
- Handles: 6 Integrated Handles
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 24.5 in. x 14.5 in. x 17 in.
- Weight: 63 lbs