Behringer XR12 12-Channel Digital Mixer for iPad
The BEHRINGER X32 completely changed the game by rethinking what is possible from a digital mixer – and over 100,000 users are enjoying the results. Now, that same incredible technology has been incorporated into a small, but incredibly powerful, rack-mountable mixer that will forever change both the way you record – and the way you play live music.
The revolutionary XR12 is a powerhouse 12 input portable/rack-mountable mixer for iPad and Android tablets, and is ideally suited for both live and studio applications, thanks to its 4 award-winning MIDAS-designed mic preamps, convenient integrated Wifi module for wireless control, plus USB connectivity for file storage, system updates and uncompressed stereo recordings via the USB Stereo Recorder. We’ve also included the rack ears and protective bumpers for added flexibility in your studio and stage applications.
The freedom to move around and manipulate all parameters of your mix with the free iOS and PC apps lets you dial in the perfect sound from anywhere in the venue – or the tracking room! Advanced engineering and meticulous design deliver stellar sonic performance at an extremely affordable price – changing the game once again.Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi Router
Designed for the ultimate in mobility, the XR12 comes with an integrated Wifi module for direct control of your mixer’s functions – without the need to setup and configure an external router. The XR12 gives you the freedom to focus on your mix, while allowing you to move about the venue to experience what every part of the audience is hearing. Plus you can adjust live monitor wedges from the artist’s perspective – or better yet, let them mix their own IEMs and floor monitors via their own tablets.USB Connectivity and Stereo Recording
The front panel USB type-A connector makes the XR12 not only an amazingly powerful digital mixing solution, but also allows recording your live stereo tracks directly to attached USB flash media or harddrives. Dial in the perfect live mix with effects and zero-latency, while sending a dedicated stereo mix to your thumb drive for recording, or play background music in a break.
Whether you’re making rock history in the studio, or you want to capture intimate live performances – it’s never been easier to record stunning tracks with exceptional clarity.Revolutionary Auto-Mixing
When your application calls for a multiple-microphone setup, such as an onstage panel discussion, press conference or courtroom proceeding, etc., it can become a challenge to maintain so many open mics – and preserve maximum gain and priority for the moderator.
A major first for compact audio mixers, our revolutionary X AIR Gain Sharing technology can easily manage fully automated mixes with several live microphones. Based on the legendary Dan Dugan automix system, the XR12’s gain sharing paradigm automatically controls the levels of all selected microphones in real time, without any gating artifacts or noise modulation.
This function dramatically reduces the typical feedback, studio noise and comb filtering challenges that can occur when two, or more mics are in close proximity of each another. X AIR Gain Sharing technology provides a consistent system gain structure, even when multiple speakers are talking at the same time.
4 Onboard X32 Effects Engines
Equipped with the very same FX engines as the now legendary X32 Digital Mixing Console, the onboard virtual FX Rack provides access to four true-stereo (8 mono), multi-effects processors including delay, chorus, dynamics – plus the XR12 can run production-quality, true-stereo reverbs concurrently with 31-band EQ on the main and aux buses, all without the need for any additional hardware.
You can select any combination of high-end simulations of legendary studio effects, such as the Lexicon 480L and PCM70, aswell as the EMT250 and Quantec QRS reverbs. Onboard processing means your computer doesn’t have to do the heavy lifting during a mixing session with DAW plugins as the XR12 has a whole studio of FX under it’s hood.
Custom-designed, and physically modeled after some of the most iconic and sought-after processors, all effects run inside the low-latency environment of the X32 mix engine, ensuring flawless performance, flexible routing and the end of cable faults forever!Features
- iPad/Android tablet controlled 12-input digital mixer for studio and live application
- 4 award-winning MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi router for direct operation—no need for external routers
- Revolutionary Dugan-style Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing (future firmware)
- USB connector for file storage or uncompressed stereo WAV recording and playback
- Award-winning X32 effects rack featuring 4 stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L and PCM70, EMT250 and Quantec QRS etc.
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQ's
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for flexible rack and onstage applications
- 2 aux and main LR buses with inserts, full dynamics processing and 6-band parametric or 31-band graphic EQ
- 2 TRS aux outputs and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
- Free iOS, Android and PC/Mac/ Linux apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or WiFi
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment (incl. Mackie Control protocol)
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX "Plug Ins", downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio and low power consumption
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany