Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve Studio License
DaVinci Resolve Studio, from Blackmagic Design, is a renowned advanced color correction software and now also a full-fledged, non-linear editing system — it even allows to you to import projects from other NLEs, such as from Premiere Pro, as XML files. You can edit, color correct, finish, and deliver all from one system. Moreover, Resolve is highly sophisticated and oriented at the same time toward the individual user, large collaborative teams, and the growing studio owner. It's completely scalable and resolution independent, so it can be used on set, in a small studio, or integrated into large production pipelines.
Resolve is a node-based color grading system — nodes being similar layers — where each node can have color correction, isolated areas (power windows), and effects, and in which unlimited numbers of nodes can be joined together sequentially or in parallel. In all, you can combine grades, effects, mixers, keys, and plug-ins in any order to create limitless color effects and unique looks. This is the core of Resolve's color grading functionality, and there are hundreds of advanced features and capabilities in addition, such as grading from raw Files, automatic color matching, and 3D tracking.
The editing functionality in Resolve is designed to handle TV dramas, commercials, multi-camera productions, and all other project types from the smallest to largest. The trimming tool is context sensitive, meaning that based on where you position the mouse cursor on the timeline, Resolve will automatically switch to the trimming function you need, so you can ripple, roll, slip, slide, or extend and shorten your footage without having to manually switch tools. As for collaborative support, Resolve allows multiple people to work together on the same timeline at the same time. This is a major time benefit when each user is assigned a specific task. As with the grading side, the editing side also has hundreds of other features and capabilities.
Resolve is scalable and supports multiple GPUs all working together. You can use multi-GPU systems such as the Mac Pro or build a dedicated Windows system with up to 3 GPUs. Resolve also features advanced media management tools designed for editorial and color workflows. You can move, copy, consolidate, relink, and archive media, timelines, or entire projects. Resolve's clone tool will back up your valuable camera files on location so you can copy camera files to multiple destinations with checksum validation for safekeeping while you're still on set.
Resolve is also capable of editing metadata, syncing sound, and prepping footage for editing, grading, or visual effects. Resolve supports almost any format, and also includes powerful delivery options for versioning, finishing, and delivery at any resolution and format, so you can export for various destination types. Resolve works from your camera originals so your finished master is a first generation graded copy of the original camera raw files. Additionally, exporting can take advantage of remote rendering, using another Resolve on the network to render the job.
All image processing is at 32-bit floating point and Resolve uses a unique YRGB color space for grading. These two features combine to give you a dramatically wider color correction range, and you'll be able to adjust the luminance gain of your video without rebalancing the color of your whites, mids, or blacks.
Resolve was designed with the ability to integrate with dozens of other applications so that you can focus more on your project. Resolve can share sequences and round trip projects with Final Cut Pro X, Media Composer, Premiere Pro, and other editing, audio, and VFX and motion graphics software. You can edit your project on any system, then link back to your full quality camera raw files using XML, AAF, or EDL and finish in greater bit depth with Resolve. You can also use AAF export to send a project to ProTools with discreet audio clips and a single layer video mix down for audio finishing. Get support for multiple GPUs, 4K output, motion blur effects, temporal and spatial noise reduction, 3D tools, remote and multi-user collaboration tools, and more with DaVinci Resolve Studio. For an even more enhanced workflow, you can incorporate the optional Resolve Advanced Panel, which is an award-winning control surface for more precise color correction.
Note: Your purchase will provide you with the most recent version of Resolve Studio. Resolve Studio is compatible with Linux only when an optional Resolve Advanced Control Panel is incorporated. In such case, dedicated Linux features will also be available .
- Automatic color match grade from one to many clips
- Automatic 3D perspective object multi-point tracker
- Offline clip icon displayed if media is missing from media pool or storage
- Custom Curves with bezier handle control
- Image contrast adjustable with flexible curve end points
- HDR curve control for extended dynamic range images
- Additional advanced 3D keyer with multiple additive isolation qualifiers
- Keyer Finesse controls also include Clean Black and Clean White
- Conversion of Circle, Linear, and Polygon windows to PowerCurve window
- 3D Perspective object tracking
- Support for insertion and deletion of window shape points even after tracking analysis
- Automatic keyframe blending between PowerCurve/Polygon window control points
- Connect RGB to KEY node and KEY to RGB node for extended key grading control
- Quick and simple node graph clean up tool
- Multiple nodes can be combined and displayed as a single node
- Compound nodes include one full featured downstream corrector
- Compound nodes can be opened and edited and saved
- Store Memories, Stills, and PowerGrades as Compound Nodes
- User locks of Compound Nodes permit sharing without revealing internal structure
- Delete unused version option
- Pre or Post clip group grade can be collapsed into the main clip node graph
- User selection of Source, Timeline, and Output color space
- Mix REC.709, BMD Film, Linear, 2.2 gamma, etc. with a consistent monitor and output color space
- REC.709 timeline default simplifies grading with multiple source color spaces
- ACES Colorspace v1.0 transform support
- Real-time decoding and playback of Panasonic Varicam 35 clips
- Automatic color space and decode config using camera metadata
- Add Correction and Add Correction With Keyframes can be selected from one thumbnail to multiple
- Ripple from one clip to many
- Ripple from one clip to selected group
- Ripple and append new node to many clips
- Support for audio plug-ins
- Simplified Option click single track Auto Track selection
- Enhanced Edit/Media playback to prioritize audio for slow codecs or complex grades
- Flexible User Interface with top down selections of display layout
- Select just Timeline and viewers or add Inspector, mixer
Custom Curves Grading
Automatic Object Tracking
Internal and External Key/Matte
Fully Nodal Processing Architecture
Compound Node Flexibility
Clip Version Grading
Clip Group Grading
DaVinci Managed Colorspace Grading
ACES Colorspace Grading
Panasonic Varicam Grading
Copy Grades Between Clips
Ripple Grades Between Clips
Flexible Full Featured User Interface