Blackmagic Design Mini Converter Audio to SDI 4K
4K Mini Converters are the perfect solution for broadcast and post production engineers who need to install equipment that’s Ultra HD ready, as each converter operates as a normal SD or HD converter and then will automatically switch to Ultra HD when a 6G-SDI input is connected. Live production customers will love the ability to use these Mini Converters in all kinds of situations when doing Ultra HD live production work. Even connecting to old SD televisions from an Ultra HD program feed is possible, so customers don’t have to worry about what kind of equipment they might find at a venue they are integrating with.
Mini Converter Heavy Duty models feature an aluminum design that is super tough yet compact and lightweight, making them perfect for use on location. All models include the latest 6G-SDI technology, auto switching between SD, HD and Ultra HD formats, redundant SDI inputs, loop through SDI, balanced analog and AES/EBU switchable audio, standard 1/4" jack audio connections and an international power supply.
Unlike traditional converters that are suitable for indoor use, Blackmagic Design’s Mini Converter Heavy Duty is designed to meet the tough and demanding conditions of live production. Each converter is machined from a solid block of aluminum and is designed to keep working, even while being run over by a car or a truck!
Mini Converter Audio to SDI 4K embeds 4 channels of analog audio or 8 channels of AES/EBU digital audio into any SDI video connection. Customers can embed professional audio from devices such as audio mixers and analog decks into SDI video connections for use with SDI routers and decks or to add extra audio channels to video converters.
- SDI Video Inputs: 1 x SD, HD or 6G?SDI. 1 x ALT SDI Input for automatic switch over if main input fails.
- SDI Video Outputs: 1 x Embedded SDI Output.
- Analog Audio Inputs: 4 channels of professional balanced analog audio with standard 1/4 inch jack connections.
- Digital Audio Inputs: 8 channels of professional balanced digital with standard 1/4 inch jack connections.
- SDI Redundant Input: Automatically switches over if main SDI input is lost.
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection SD, HD or 6G?SDI.
- Updates and Configuration: Via USB 2.0 high speed. (480 Mb/s)
- Reclocking: Yes
- SD Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 2K Video Standards: 2K DCI 23.98p, 2K DCI 24p, 2K DCI 25p, 2K DCI 23.98PsF, 2K DCI 24PsF, 2K DCI 25PsF
- Ultra HD Video Standards: 2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30
- 4K Video Standards: 4K DCI 23.98p, 4K DCI 24p, 4K DCI 25p
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M?B, SMPTE 425M, SMPTE ST-2036, SMPTE ST?2081, ITU?R BT.656 and ITU?R BT.601.
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition.
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2, 4:4:4
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48kHz and 24?bit.
- SDI Color Precision: 4:2:2, 4:4:4
- SDI Color Space: YUV, RGB
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically selects between SD, HD, 3G and 6G?SDI.
- Software Control: Mac™ and Windows™ software upgrade via USB.
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included updater application.
- Mac 10.12 Sierra, Mac 10.13 High Sierra or later.
- Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Mini Switches orUSB software.
- Power Supply: +12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries. Cable tie point.
- Power Consumption: 8.40 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12 ? 31V DC
- Operating temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non?condensing
- Mini Converter Audio to SDI 4K
- 12V universal power supply with international socket adapters
- 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.