The 8-Ball microphone is another member of Blue's family of spherical mics. But while it resembles its cousins the Ball, Kickball and Snowball, the 8-Ball has been designed to be one cool condenser ? it?ll give new meaning to playing ?in the pocket!? The 8-Ball is a cardioid condenser microphone designed with the needs of the professional recordist in mind, but priced within reach of the beginning home user or hobbyist. Featuring Blue's highly regarded Class A discrete low noise amplifier circuit, The 8-Ball's smooth frequency response is sure to please even the most discerning professional ear. Perfect for applications as varied as drum overheads to acoustic and electric guitars or vocals, The 8-Ball will quickly become one of your ?go to? microphones.
A standard thread swivel mount at the base of the microphone allows the user to pivot The 8-Ball back and forth, making mic placement a snap. And because The 8-Ball requires phantom power, a front-mounted LED confirms that the mic is ready to use. Its versatility, performance and price is your cue for adding this outstanding mic to your audio repertoire. But do it before those annoying aliens beat you to it!
- Acoustical Operating Principal: Pressure Gradient
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 35Hz ? 20kHz
- Sensitivity: (1kHz into 1k?) 10mV/Pa
- Rated Impedance: 50?
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1k?
- Maximum SPL: (THD 0.5%) 150 dB SPL
- Noise Level: 22dB ?A? Weighted
- Maximum Output Level: +14 dBu (2k? load, 0.15% THD)
- Power Requirement: +48V DC phantom-power ?4V
- Power Consumption: 1.5 mA