Winner of Electronic Musicians 2000 Editors Choice Award for Best Microphone, the Blueberry consists of a Class A discrete transformer based microphone amplifier perfectly chosen to compliment Blues cardioid pattern, hand- built large diaphragm capsule.
First and foremost, the Blueberry has been designed to provide the commanding, intimate presence associated with the worlds best (and most expensive) vintage vocal microphones. With its shimmering, detailed highs, smooth midrange, and minimized proximity effect (a bass boost inherent in all unidirectional mics), the Blueberry excels at delivering a vocal right to the front of the mix where it belongs. When processed with limiting and/or compression, as is standard practice for most pop vocals, tracks recorded with the Blueberry will be free of pumping, low frequency thumps. Acoustic guitar, hand percussion, drums, and other critical high end sources also shine in front of the Blueberry, gaining an extra measure of presence that enables the most delicate sounds to cut through a mix, even at very low levels.
Designed to fill the needs of the home musician and the professional alike, the Blueberry includes the Series Two Shockmount and comes handsomely packaged in its own cherrywood box. Whatever your music, add a Blueberry to the mix and let your ears feast on the sound.
- Acoustical Operating Principal: Pressure Gradient
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20Hz?20kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1k?: 20mV/Pa
- Rated Impedance: 150?
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1k?
- S/N ratio CCIR468-3: 75dB
- S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 86dB-A
- Noise Level DIN/IEC 651: 8dB-A
- Max SPL (0.5% THD) into 2.5k?: 133dB
- Dynamic Range (2.5k? load): 95dB
- Supply Voltage (IEC 268-15): 48V Phantom (35V min)
- Weight: 1.15 lbs
- Size: 9.25" x 1.97" x 1.18"