Blue Bottle Rocket Stage 1 Condenser Microphone
Meet the Bottle Rocket Stage One. The Stage One is our most accessible Class A discrete solid state mic with a foundation for interchangeable capsules, including Blue's nine vintage lollipop-style capsules, the Bottle Caps. This bayonet-mounted system gives the user unlimited flexibility and a wide variety of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns, all in one mic!
Precision-designed and hand-assembled, the Stage One is crafted for a lifetime of use. Compared to similar microphones, the Stage One had a very low self noise specification (< 7.5 dB) and an very high output level (+12dBV), making it the perfect choice for today's high sample rate/deep word length digital platforms. Instead of integrated circuits (chips), the Stage One employs a transformless Class A discrete amplifier circuit to ensure the most accurate and noise-free signal possible, with minimal distortion and coloration. The Stage One is an ideal microphone for recording virtually any sound source. In addition to the microphone, the Stage One also includes Blue's custom spider shockmount.Capsules Designed for Any Mission
Both Stages of the Bottle Rocket family can take advantage of the Bottle Caps, Blue's family of nine interchangeable capsules with different tonal characteristics and pickup patterns. Each Bottle Cap is designed to provide the recordist with the ultimate sonic solution for their respective application. Below is a complete list of the nine Bottle Caps. Get them all and you'll have an entire mic cabinet at your fingertips!
- Transducer Type: Pressure Gradient or Pure Pressure (depending on capsule)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure of 8 (depending on capsule)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 27mV/Pa (+/- 10mV depending on capsule) at 1kHz (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50?
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1k?
- Noise Level A-Weighted: Not more than 7.5 dBV - 14 dBV (IEC 651) (depending on capsule)
- Maximum Output: +12 dBV = 3.1 Vrms (2.5k?, 1% THD)
- Maximum SPL: 138 dB SPL (2.5k?, 1.0% THD)
- Dynamic Range: 130 dB (@ 2.5k?)
- Power Requirement: +48V DC Phantom Power (IEC 268-15) (+35V min.)
- Current Draw: 1.8mA (typical AI+48V)