BSS AR-416 4-Channel Active Direct Box
For nearly 25 years, BSS have been manufacturing professional audio products that combine the highest levels of performance with technical excellence and proven reliability. All of this expertise and experience is encapsulated in the AR-416 4-CHANNEL ACTIVE DI. No recording session or touring stage is complete these days without a liberal sprinkling of DI boxes and similar interfaces numbering in their dozens, Stereo and multi-channel samplers, MIDI voice modules, drum machines and sequencers, now form a major part of the composite sound mix along with the increasing numbers of acoustic instruments fitted with sophisticated electronic "bug" pickups. All these demand large numbers of high quality active DI channels, which until now meant a tiresome dependence on batteries or phantom power. Bringing the direct injection process firmly up to date, BSS have created the practical solution in simple but versatile form - the AR-416 4-CHANNEL ACTIVE DI.
- High impedance 1Mohm, 1/4" instrument jack per channel with both parallel and buffered Link outputs on 1/4" jacks to feed backline amps and/or local sub mixers.
- Low impedance professional XLR outputs, active buffered, transformer balanced and floating, capable of driving down to 600 ohms over long cable runs.
- Selectable 8KHz Lo-pass filter, polarity reverse and earth lift functions on "XLR-side."
- 3-way selectable input attenuator (0dB, 20dB, 40dB PAD) and another earth-lift switch on "jack-side." The two earth-lifts per channel have interactive LED indicators to show true status to avoid confusion.
- Total ground isolation with no significant crosstalk between channels and very low noise floor.
- Operational and performance criteria modelled on proven standards set by the much acclaimed AR-116 Active DI Box from BSS
- All on single 1 /4" RTS jack socket,
- Atten at OdB: Impedance 1Mohm, Maximum input level +10dBv
- Atten at 20dB:Impedance 10kOhm, Maximum input level +30dBv
- Atten at 40dB:Impedance 10kOhm, Maximum input level +50dBv
- Direct: 1/4" RTS jack socket. Parallel wired directly from INPUT socket.
- Buffered: l/4" RTS jack socket. Impedance 1 k ohm. Unity gain active buffered feed from input, Maximum output level +10dBv.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: Within 3dB from 30Hz to 30kHz.
- FILTER: Active on 20dB and 40dB attenuator switch settings only. First order filter -3dB at 8kHz.
- INTERCHANNEL CROSSTALK: Within noise floor.
- INPUT TO OUTPUT ISOLATION: Will withstand 1000v ac for 1 min with earth lift switch in lifted position.
- Input short circuit, OdB atten, 20Hz to 20kHz: - 110dBv,
- Input source 100kOhm, OdB atten, 20Hz to 20kHz: - 107dBv,
- Less than 0.01 % at any level up to +10dBv 150Hz to 20kHz.
- Less than 0.3% at any level up to + 10dBv 30 Hz.
- POWER: Anchored power cord 190v-25Ov 50Hz or 90v-120v user selectable.