CELEMONY MELODYNE-3-S ULTIMATE AUDIO EDITOR
Melodyne3 offers a new algorithm that allows any type of audio material to profit from Melodyne's unique editing functions and sound quality; in other words, Melodyne is no longer limited to the editing of melodies but can handle homophonic and polyphonic textures. Melodyne3 also offers fully automatic analysis of the audio material, powerful macros for the correction of intonation and timing errors, and numerous improvements in the user interface. Melodyne3 is not only capable of doing far more than its predecessors; it is also faster and easier to use.
Melodyne offers a high degree of free control to audio editors. You can sing a phrase into Melodyne, and then adjust each pitch individually while leaving other pitches alone. In this way Melodyne is not just a pitch shifter, it is a Piano-Roll/Key Editor for audio. Going far beyond pure pitch tinkering, Melodyne allows you to create performances from the raw audio material. The normal CUT/COPY/PASTE functions allow you to copy pitches and super impose them on other material or just use them to create a 3-part harmony. Extraction of pitches allow the licks of a Jazz saxophonist to be imposed on a vocal scat. Rhythmic extraction means that the groove of a bongo player can be put on vibes or that swing on the hi hat transported to the vocal. Melodyne does this amazingly without noticeable audio degradation.
Melodyne is a stand alone application. It is available for Macintosh and the PC. Melodyne supports VST, AU, RTAS, DirectX, ReWire, Sound Manager, CoreAudio and ASIO2 for sound I/O and many audio formats (WAV, AIFF, SD2, SND, AU) at up to 32 bit and 192 kHz.
- Unique note-by-note editing of vocal tracks
- Superlative note-by-note time-stretching
- Superlative note-by-note pitch-shifting
- Correct or quantize intonation
- Correct or quantize timing errors
- Create harmonies
- Reduce or enhance vibrato
- Convert Audio performances to MIDI data
- Macintosh: PowerMac G3 (optimized for G5), Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later and 512MB of RAM (1GB or more recommended), 73MB of hard drive space.
- Windows: Requires Windows XP and a Pentium II 400 processor and 512MB of RAM (1GHz CPU speed and 1GB RAM recommended), 32MB of graphic RAM and 65MB of free hard drive space.