Clear-Com CM-244 4-Channel Wireless Intercom Master
The Tempest2400 CM-244 is a 4-channel BaseStation operating in the 2.4GHz frequency range that assures uninterrupted and interference-free communication with no coordination required. It is a 4-channel Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) digital wireless intercom BaseStation. The front panel LCD display provides real time status including battery monitoring of active beltbacks and easy access to the hardwire intercom settings and levels. Each BaseStation is capable of Call and Remote Mic Kill.
**Unit has faulty backlight on LCD display**
- The CM-244 BaseStation connections include a 2-wire interface with M/F 3-pin XLR loop thru and one 4-wire RJ45 port per channel. The 2-wire interface is compatible with Clear-Com, RTS, and Telex intercom systems, and includes an auto-null circuit.
- Utilizing the Tempest system’s TDMA technology and proprietary ZSync synchronization, up to 11 CM-244 BaseStations and 55 full-duplex wireless BeltStations (in Normal Mode), either 2-channel or 4-channel BeltStations, can be used simultaneously. By switching to Shared or Split Mode, an unlimited number of BeltStations can be registered to each BaseStation using shared resources.
- The CM-244 BaseStation is supplied with two whip antennas (RP-TNC RF connector). On the rear is a RJ45 connector for a (optional) remote transceiver. The remote transceiver can be located up to 1500ft (450m) away from the BaseStation over CAT-5/6 cable with no loss of RF signal.
- The CM-244 BaseStations cover large areas with multiple zones by using Seamless Roaming. Seamless Roaming allows one or more Tempest2400 BeltStations to roam between as many as 16 different BaseStations (coverage areas or zones) without any intervention from the end user. BeltStations act as they normally do while roaming and there is no interruption of audio or control when a BaseStation switches from one BaseStation to another.
- ZSync technology provides a zero sync reference that coordinates the hopping patterns of all connected BaseStations. ZSync ensures that there is a fixed relationship between all of the BaseStation radios, irrespective of random time variation in power up sequences.