Crane Song STC8 2-Channel Compressor and Limiter
***Unit shows signs of wear and is missing a knob but has been tested and in full working order***
The STC-8 is a high quality compressor that delivers consistent gain control without sacrificing musical definition or harmonic richness. It utilizes a remarkably dependable peak limiter that provides overload protection that is critical to digital recording and broadcast transmitters. The STC-8 is engineered to provide musically transparent gain control, but is also capable of emulating vintage equipment and creating distinctive new sounds. In addition, a switchable enhancement circuit creates analog and tube-like warmth to enrich lifeless audio and digital recordings. This vast flexibility is simplified by the inclusion of several optimized presets, allowing fast, easy set-up on a wide variety of sounds. It can operate in true stereo or discrete independent mono, accessible by a front panel switch.
- Simultaneous Compression/Limiting
- Discrete Class A
- Balanced/Transformerless I/O
- Quick & Easy Presets
- 'KI' & 'HARA' Sounds
- Transparent Overload Protection
- Compressor Attack Time: FAST; measured by doing 18 dB of Gain Reduction. The time to 18 dB of Gain Reduction is less than 1mS. 12 dB of the 18 are reached in .4mS. SLOW; for 6 dB of GainReduction, 100mS
- Compressor Release Time: FAST; From 12 dB of Gain Reduction to No Gain Reduction. 11 of 12 dB are reached in 50mS (Non Program Dependant Release) SLOW; 20 sec for a full 12 dB release with PDR enabled.
- Limiter Attack Time: less than 1uS.
- Limiter Release Time: 60mS for 6 dB of Gain Reduction.
- Maximum Signal Level: Input or Output, +25 dBm
- Noise Floor: -88 dBm measured 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 55kHz (Hara Mode)
- Limiter Slope: Greater than 10 to 1