Crown Macro Tech 24 Bi-amplifier
The Crown Macro-Tech series is the defining standard for amplifier design today. No compromises, no gimmicks, just brilliant engineering backed by superior manufacturing, support, and an unsurpassed commitment to quality. Like all Crown amps, the defining characteristic of the Macro-Tech Series is sonic accuracy. A tight, rock-solid low end with smooth, detailed highs and a well-defined midrange. In short, the most accurate reproduction of an audio signal you’ve ever heard. And because we put the quality of sound above all else, a Crown is the most coveted amplifier in the business.
- Crown’s Grounded Bridge™ design delivers large voltage swings without using easily stressed output-transistor configurations like conventional amplifiers. The results are lower distortion and superior reliability.
- Patented ODEP® (Output Device Emulation Protection) circuitry compensates for overheating and overload to keep the amplifier working when others would fail.
- IOC® (Input/Output Comparator) circuitry immediately alerts of any distortion exceeding 0.05%, providing dynamic proof of distortion-free performance.
- PIP™ (Programmable Input Processor) connector accepts accessory modules that tailor the amplifier to suit specific applications.
- Convenient high and medium-power channel design for bi-amplified systems such as stage monitors.
- Very low harmonic and intermodulation distortion results in the best dynamic transfer function in the industry.
- Balanced 1/4-inch (6.35-mm) phone jack inputs for each channel, with balanced XLR connectors on the standard PIP-FX module.
- Full protection from shorted, open and mismatched loads; general overheating; DC; high-frequency overloads; and internal fault conditions.
- Output Power: For the MA-24x6 use the stereo output power chart of the MA-2400 for channel 1 and the stereo output power chart of the MA-600 for channel 2. For the MA-36x12 use the stereo output power chart of the MA- 3600VZ for channel 1 and the stereo output power chart of the MA-1200 for channel 2.
- Sonic Performance:
- Signal/Noise: 105 dB A-weighted
- Damping Factor: >1000 From 10 to 400 Hz
- Slew Rate: >13V/μSec Stereo
- IMD: <0.05% At Rated Output
- THD: <0.1% At Rated Output
- Frequency Response: ±0.1 dB From 20 Hz to 20 kHz at 1W at 8 Ohms
- Phase Response: ±10° From 10 Hz to 20 kHz
- Input Impedance: 20 kOhm Balanced, 10 kOhm Unbalanced
- Output Impedance: <10 mOhm In Series With <2 μH
- Controls & Indicators:
- Front Panel: On/Off Switch, Level Controls, Power Indicator, SPI/IOC Indicators, ODEP Indicators
- Rear Panel: Ground Lift Switch.
- Internal: All except MA-5000VZ: Sensitivity Switch (26 dB/0.775V/1.4V Selection)
- Input: TRS 1/4" Phone Jack Standard; XLR standard with P.I.P.-FX, other connector styles available with other P.I.P. modules
- Output: Dual Binding Post (Banana Jack)
- Weight: 46 lbs.
- Dimensions: 3.5” x 19” x 16” (2U) (MA-5000VZ is 5.25” high (3U))
- Cooling: Forced Air Fan
- AC Power: 120V 60Hz with Nema 20A power plug. Modifiable to other line voltages.