Drawmer MX40 Quad Punch Gate
The MX40 is a highly flexible but compact quad Gate suitable for a wide range of professional applications including studio, live sound and audio installations. The input and output connections are electronically balanced on XLR connectors and low-distortion VCAs are used to maintain the highest possible signal quality. Although optimized for +4dBu operation, the MX40 will work equally well with systems operating at the -10dBu standard.
Any Noise Gate considerably improves the sound of percussive instruments by producing fast leading edges to the signal and then shutting off after a pre-determined time. The combination of this fast rising edge, and the silence which follows the gated signal, creates a dramatic improvement to the original signal.
Drawmer pioneered the frequency conscious gating common to many noise gate clones now available in audio processing equipment. The MX40 has a new spin on this feature where both controls have been amalgamated into a single intuitive control, of course with a Key Listen facility. This allows fast and simple setup of frequency selective triggering where unwanted signals are prevented from triggering the gate.
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 20KΩ (Balanced)
- KEY INPUT IMPEDANCE: 20KΩ (Unbalanced)
- INPUT CMR: >-40dB
- MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL: +21dBu
- MAXIMUM KEY INPUT LEVEL: +21dBu
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 50#8486 (Balanced)
- MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL: +21dBu
- BANDWIDTH: <10Hz to 22KHz -1dB
- NOISE AT UNITY GAIN reference +4dBu:
- AV - Wideband(worst case)(-100dB), 22Hz - 22KHz(-105dB)
- RMS - Wideband(worst case)(-104dB), 22Hz - 22KHz(-106dB)
- Unity Gain with +4dBu Input - 100Hz(< 0.04%), 1Hz(< 0.02%), 10Hz(< 0.04%)
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 115Volt or 230Volt at 50-60Hz, 15 Watts
- FUSE RATING:
- 63mA for 230Volt, 125mA for 115Volt
- CONFORMING TO IEC 127-2
- FUSE TYPE: 20mm x 5mm, Class 3 Slo-Blo, 250Volt working
- CASE SIZE: 482mm (w) x 44mm (h) x 175mm (d)
- WEIGHT (incl packaging): 3.7 Kgs