EAW RL15 15-Inch 2-Way Powered Speaker
From corporate events to festivals, every aspect of the design has been targeted at making life easier for the live sound professional. From transducers and electronics to enclosure design and fitments, Redline is built to live in the working world of demanding clients, tight schedules and even tighter budgets.
The RL12 and RL15 include a complete on-board 1,250-watt bi-amplified electronics package mated to highly-customized precision transducers engineered to meet the specific demands of the Redline family. Redline features renowned EAW Focusing™ processing to pristinely deliver the impulse response of a studio monitor, while DynO™ algorithms optimize the power transfer from amplifiers to transducers to audience to optimize headroom and integrity of sound at maximum output.
Both models offer perfectly consistent directivity via Beamwidth-Matched Crossovers on 90°x60° user-rotatable horns and painstakingly-engineered 4-aperture elliptical ports provide huge bass support with no turbulence while maximizing transducer-cooling air flow. Three simple pre-defined voicing help the user to set up in minutes while sounding like they’ve tuned for hours, and a rear-panel LED mute keeps Redline invisible in aesthetically-sensitive situations.
RL12 and RL15 enclosures incorporate symmetrical monitor angles to form left-right wedge pairs, integral road glove-ready wood handles and sleek but strong sculpted grilles on RoadCoat™ enclosures that can take a beating without showing it. In short, Redline is meant to be used – over and over.
- Superb sound quality at any output level due to custom-designed transducers and porting, signature EAW Focusing™ and DynO™ dynamic optimization processing and 1,250 watts of bi-amplified Class-D Power Factor Corrected amplification
- Road-ready EAW Roadcoat™ wooden enclosure with integral glove-ready handles, pole cup and M8 suspension points
- Symmetrical monitor angles with swappable rear panels to form mirror-image monitor pairs
- Recessed input panel with three pre-tuned gig-ready voicings, rear-panel LED mute function, robust PowerCon inlet and loop connectors and LED mute function for visually-sensitive environments
- Transducers: LF 1× 15-in cone, HF 1×1-in exit, 1.75 in voice coil compression driver
- LF: Vented
- HF: Horn-loaded
- Operating Mode: Bi-amp LF, HF
- Signal Processing: DSP w/EAW Focusing™ and DynO™
- Operating Range: 50 Hz to 19 kHz
- Nominal Beamwidth (rotatable): Horizontal 90°, Vertical 60°
- Axial Output Limit Peak: LF/HF 135 dB
- Axial Output Limit Long Term: LF/HF 129 dB
- Input: Electronically balanced XLRF
- Loop: Electronicallly balanced XLRM
- Amplifier: LF, Class D, 1000 W @ 8 ohm, Integral DSP limiting
- HF: Class D, 250 W @ 8 ohm, Integral DSP limiting
- AC Mains (nominal): Neutrik PowerCon, 50 Hz to 60 Hz, 100V to 240V
- Indicators (LED): Amplifier Status, Signal Present, Limiter Active, Clip, Voicing Mode 3x