Extron DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A HDMI to HDMI 4K Scaler
The Extron DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A and DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A xi are high-performance scalers capable of converting between HDMI resolutions up to 4096x2160 at 60 Hz. These HDCP 2.3-compliant scalers feature HDMI 2.0 connections that support data rates up to 18 Gbps. They incorporate the Extron-exclusive Vector 4K™ scaling engine, specifically designed for critical quality 4K applications including full-motion video and highly detailed computer graphics. Both models support single path 4K signals at 60 Hz with 4:4:4 processing. The DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A xi also supports dual path 4K/60 signals at 4:4:4 using two connections. Integrator-friendly features include on-screen display, stereo audio embedding and de-embedding, internal test patterns, and the ability to display custom images and logos for on-screen messages and corporate branding.
HDMI to HDMI 4K scaling — DSC HD‑HD 4K PLUS scalers provide high quality scaling of HDMI video resolutions and frame rates.
HDCP 2.3 compliant — Ensures display of content-protected media and interoperability with other HDCP‑compliant devices.
HDMI interfaces with support for data rates up to 18 Gbps — Supported HDMI 2.0 specification features include data rates up to 18 Gbps, Deep Color, and HD lossless audio formats.
Advanced 4:4:4 signal processing — 4:4:4 signal processing for enhanced color accuracy and fine picture detail.
- Inputs: One HDMI for DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A or two HDMI for DSC HD‑HD 4K PLUS A xi, balanced/unbalanced stereo audio on 5‑pole captive screw
- Outputs: One HDMI for DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A or two HDMI for DSC HD‑HD 4K PLUS A xi, balanced/unbalanced stereo audio on 5‑pole captive screw
- Accepts HDMI video from 480i up to 4096x2160 @ 4:4:4
- Selectable output rates from 640x480 up to 4096x2160 @ 4:4:4
Supports single path and dual path 4K signals – xi model only — Offers the convenience of managing 4K/60 video as a single or dual path signal, for flexibility when working with 4K sources, peripherals, and displays.
- Display two equal resolution input signals as a single side-by-side image – xi model only
Distribution Amplifier Mode – xi model only — The second output of the DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A xi can provide a duplicate of the primary output, allowing a source to be scaled and presented simultaneously on two separate displays without the need for a distribution amplifier.
Advanced Extron Vector™ 4K scaling engine — The Vector 4K scaling engine is specifically designed for critical-quality 4K imagery, with best-in-class image upscaling and downscaling.
Motion-adaptive deinterlacing for signals up to 1080i — Advanced deinterlacing for all interlaced signals up to 1080i delivers optimized image quality.
Displays user-supplied images for screen saver, corporate branding, logo insertion, and HDCP notification — Custom, user-loaded images can be displayed as a screen saver after a predefined duration of inactivity at the video input, or whenever the input is disconnected between presentations. User-supplied images can also be displayed for HDCP Visual Confirmation, whenever HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non‑HDCP compliant display.
Logo image keying and display — A logo graphic can be positioned and keyed over live video. Logo graphics in BMP, JPG, PNG, or TIFF format may be uploaded to the unit. Full screen images up to 4K resolution can also be displayed to eliminate loss of video between presentations.
HDMI audio embedding — Audio from the two‑channel analog input can be embedded onto the HDMI output.
HDMI audio de‑embedding — Embedded HDMI two‑channel PCM audio can be extracted to the analog output, or multi‑channel and bitstream formats can be passed to the HDMI output.
User-selectable HDCP authorization — Allows the unit to appear HDCP compliant or non‑HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non‑HDCP mode.
EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices — EDID Minder ensures that the source powers up properly and reliably outputs content for display.
Supports custom EDID and output resolutions — User-defined output resolutions up to 300 MHz pixel clock can be supported by uploading custom EDID files or capturing EDID from a display or other destination device. The DSC HD‑HD 4K PLUS xi model supports resolutions up to 600 MHz pixel clock when using a left/right column configuration.
Aspect ratio control — The aspect ratio of the video output can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode, which provides a full screen output, or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
HDCP authentication and signal presence confirmation — Provides real-time verification of HDCP status for the digital video input and output. This allows for simple, quick, and easy signal and HDCP verification through front panel LEDs, RS‑232, USB, or Ethernet, providing valuable feedback to a system operator or helpdesk support staff.
HDCP Visual Confirmation — When HDCP‑encrypted content is transmitted to a non‑HDCP compliant display, a full‑screen green signal is sent to the display for immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on that display.
HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction — Automatically enables or disables embedded audio and InfoFrames, and sets the correct color space for proper connection to HDMI and DVI displays.
AFL™ - Accu-RATE Frame Lock — A patented technology exclusive to Extron that locks the output frame rate to the input to eliminate stuttering caused by frame rate conversion.
Front panel LED indicators for video, HDCP, and audio presence plus power — Provides visual indication of system status for real-time feedback and monitoring of key performance parameters.
Image freeze control — A live image can be frozen using RS‑232 serial control, USB, or Ethernet control.
Auto Input Memory — When activated, the unit automatically stores size, position, and picture settings based on the incoming signal. When the same signal is detected again, these image settings are automatically recalled from memory.
On‑screen menus — Intuitive on‑screen menus allow for easy system setup using the front panel controls. Key parameters such as input and output video formats are conveniently grouped on the initial Quick Setup screen, while additional screens provide full control over the unit's other functions and settings.
Output Standby Mode — Can be set to automatically mute video and sync output to the display device when no active input signal is detected. This allows the projector or flat-panel display to automatically enter into standby mode to save energy and enhance lamp or panel life.
Power Save Mode — Can be placed in a low power standby state to conserve energy when not in use.
Automatic 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection — Advanced film mode processing techniques that instantaneously detect and maximize image quality for NTSC, PAL, and 1080i sources that originated from film.
- Picture controls for brightness, contrast, and detail, as well as horizontal and vertical sizing, positioning, and overscan
Input presets — Memory presets are available to store and recall optimized image settings.
Internal video test patterns and pink noise generator for calibration and setup — The scaler offers several video test patterns and audio pink noise to facilitate proper system setup and calibration of display devices.
Automatic input cable equalization — Actively conditions incoming HDMI signals to compensate for signal loss when using long cables, low quality cables, or source devices with poor signal output.
Output volume control — Provides master volume control for the analog and HDMI embedded audio outputs.
Audio input gain and attenuation — Gain and attenuation can be adjusted for the analog audio input.
Integrated audio delay — The audio output is automatically delayed to compensate for latency introduced by the video processing.
Selectable audio muting — The HDMI‑embedded and analog audio outputs can be independently muted.
Front panel security lockout — Locks out all front panel functions except for input selection; all functions however, are available through Ethernet, USB, or RS‑232 control.
Ethernet monitoring and control — Enables control and proactive monitoring over a LAN or WAN. An intuitive Web interface is included for system monitoring and firmware updates.
Built‑in Web pages — Enables the use of a standard browser for monitoring, troubleshooting, and firmware updates over an intuitive Web interface.
RS‑232 control port — Enables the use of serial commands for integration into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
Front panel USB configuration port — Enables easy configuration without having to access the rear panel.
JITC Certified — Successfully completed interoperability and information assurance testing for use in government applications and other mission-critical environments.
Easy setup and commissioning with Extron's PCS - Product Configuration Software — Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- 1U, half rack width metal enclosure
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
Internal Extron Everlast™ power supply — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high‑demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating cost
- Frame rate: 24, 25, 30, 50, 60, 120, or 144 fps
- Chroma sampling: 4:4:4, 4:2:2, or 4:2:0
- Color bit depth: 8 or 10 bits per color
- Signal type: DVI 1.0, HDMI 1.4 and 2.0, HDCP 1.4 and 2.3
- Max. video data rate: 17.82 Gbps (5.94 per color) per connection
- Video input:
- Number/signal type: 1 HDMI/DVI
- Connectors: 1 female HDMI
- Maximum pixel clock: 600 MHz
- Horizontal frequency: 15 KHz to 162 KHz for resolutions up to 18 Gbps
- Vertical frequency: 24 Hz to 144 Hz for resolutions up to 18 Gbps
- Resolution range:
- 640x480 @ 60 Hz through 4096x2160 @ 60 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling
- Includes 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 2K, and 4K.
- Color bit depth: 8 bits per color, 171 MHz to 594 MHz pixel clock (4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0)
- Formats: RGB and YCbCr digital video
- Standards: DVI 1.0, HDMI 1.4 and 2.0, HDCP 1.4 and 2.3
- Video processing
- Bit depth: 10 bits per color
- Color sampling: RGB 4:4:4
- Colors: 1.07 billion
- Video output
- Number/signal type: 1 HDMI/DVI
- Connectors: 1 female HDMI
- Power for active cables: 1.1 W max. for the HDMI port
- Peripheral device power: 225 mA per output
- Vertical frequency: 23.98 Hz, 24 Hz, 25 Hz, 29.97 Hz, 30 Hz, 50 Hz, 59.94 Hz, 60 Hz
- Scaled resolutions
- 640x4808, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x768, 1280x800, 1280x1024, 1360x768, 1366x768, 1440x900, 1400x1050, 1600x900, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1920x1200
- HDTV: 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 2K (2048x1080), 2048x1200, 2048x1536, 2560x1080, 2560x1440, 2560x1600, 3840x2160, 4K (4096x2160)
- Color bit depth:
- 8 bits per color, 241 MHz to 594 MHz pixel clock (4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0)
- Standards: DVI 1.0, HDMI 1.4 and 2.0, HDCP 1.4 and 2.3
- Unbalanced output: -6 dB
- Balanced output: 0 db
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, ± 0.5 dB
- THD + Noise: <0.1% at 1 kHz, 20 kHz bandwidth (at nominal level)
- S/N (unweighted): >90 dB at full-scale output
- Crosstalk: ≤-80 dB at 1 kHz fully loaded
- Stereo channel separation: >80 dB at 1 kHz
- Supported formats:
- Analog de-embedding: LPCM-2Ch
- HDMI pass-through: LPCM up to 7.1/24-bit/192 kHz, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital 2/0 Surround, Dolby Digital 2/0, Dolby Atmos 7.2, DTS-HD, DTS ES Discrete 6.1, DTS ES Matrix 6.1, DTS Digital Surround 5.1, DTS 2-channel, DTS:X
- Audio input
- Number/signal type:
- 1 HDMI embedded
- 1 analog stereo, balanced/unbalanced
- 1 female HDMI
- (1) 5 pole captive screw
- Impedance: >10k ohms unbalanced, >20k ohms balanced
- Nominal level: +4 dBu, -10 dBV, configurable
- Maximum level: +21 dBu balanced, +15 dBu unbalanced
- Input gain adjustment: -18 dB to +24 dB, analog
- Serial control port: 1 RS-232 on captive screw connector on back panel
- Baud rate and protocol: 9600, 8 bits, 1 stop bit, no parity
- Pin configuration: 1 = Tx, 2 = Rx, 3 = Gnd
- USB control port: 1 female USB mini B on front panel
- Ethernet port: 1 female RJ-45 on rear panel
- Ethernet data rate: 10/100 base-T, half/full duplex with auto detect
- Ethernet protocol: ARP, ICMP (ping), IP, TCP, DHCP, HTTP, Telnet
- Program control:
- On-screen display (OSD) via front panel control
- Extron Simple Instruction Set (SIS™) commands
- Extron configuration program for Windows®
- Storage: 512 MB user memory
- Power supply:
- Input: 100-240 VAC, ~50-60 Hz
- Power consumption:
- Full load: 32.2 watts
- Power save mode: 17.5 watts
- Storage: -40 to +158 °F (-40 to +70 °C) / 10% to 90%, noncondensing
- Operating: +32 to +122 °F (0 to +50 °C) / 10% to 90%, noncondensing
- Cooling: Fan, front to back
- Fan noise: <26 dB(A) at 1 m
- Thermal dissipation:
- Full load: 108 BTU/hr
- Power save mode: 57.4 BTU/hr
- Rack mount: Yes, with optional rack shelf
- Furniture mount: Yes, with optional under-desk mounting kit
- Enclosure type: Metal
- Enclosure dimensions:
- 1.66" H x 8.68" W x 9.5" D (1U high, half-rack wide)
- (42 mm H x 221 mm W x 241 mm D)
- (Depth excludes connectors.)
- Product weight: 2.3 lbs (1.4 kg)
- Vibration: ISTA/NSTA 1A in carton (International Safe Transit Association)
- Regulatory compliance:
- Safety: CE, c-UL, UL
- EMI/EMC: CE, C-tick, FCC Class A, ICES, VCCI
- Product warranty: 3 years parts and labor
- Everlast power supply warranty: 7 years parts and labor