Extron SI 26CT 8-Inch Back Can 2-Way Ceiling Speaker
The Extron SoundField® XD model SF 26CT is a 6.5" two-way ceiling speaker featuring an 8" (203 mm) deep composite back can for use in plenum rated ceiling environments. The driver complement includes a 6.5" (165 mm) woofer coupled to a 3/4" (19 mm) ferrofluid-cooled dome tweeter. The SF 26CT offers both direct 8 ohm and 70/100 volt operation with a behind-the-grille, six position power selector switch. With high impedance taps at 8, 16, 32, and 64 watts, the SF 26CT is ideal for applications that require a high power distributed speaker system.
The SF 26CT provides a wider and smoother frequency range of 65 Hz to 22 kHz and is engineered with a 111° conical dispersion that ensures excellent on and off axis voice intelligibility. A power rating of 130 watts continuous program also gives this speaker plenty of headroom for music reproduction in moderate to high output systems.
The Ceiling Speaker Reimagined
The SF 26CT represents a new paradigm in speaker technology for pro AV applications. We designed the SF 26CT from the ground up. With innovative materials, modular construction, and unique features, these new SoundField XD speakers provide significant savings and superior performance.
Plenum Rated Composite Enclosure
The ideal speaker enclosure needs to be constructed in such a way as to avoid internal standing waves and resonances in the enclosure itself. It should also be lightweight and fire tested for use in plenum air-handling spaces. We were able to achieve all of these requirements by injection molding the enclosure with a fire resistant composite material. The result is a rigid, acoustically damped, lightweight, plenum rated enclosure that is UL 2043 listed.
Supports Division of Labor and Single Trade
Shipped as a complete speaker assembly, the SF 26CT is ideal for both single-trade and division-of-labor installations. The SF 26CT speaker can be installed by a single contractor as a self-contained unit for retrofits and new construction. For larger projects with multiple trades, the driver assembly and back can can be separated, allowing the rough-in contractor to install and fully terminate the back can. Once the job site is clean and secure, the AV integrator can then easily install the driver assembly and grille.
When there is to be an extended period of time between installation of the back can and driver assembly, they are available separately. BCK SF 26CT, part number 70-1268-01, for the back can. DAK SF 26CT, part number 70-1268-03, for the speaker baffle.
BCK and DAK options allow the speaker baffle to be purchased and installed at a later time compared to the back can. The BCK Back Can Kit can be installed early in the construction/installation process and covered with the provided paint shield. Later, when the site is ready for finished products to be installed, the DAK Driver Assembly Kit can then be installed and covered with the speaker grille.
The BCK SF 26CT includes the following items for a pair of speakers:
- Speaker enclosures - back cans
- Paint Shields
The DAK SF 26CT includes the following items for a pair of speakers:
- Driver assemblies
- Round speaker grilles
Magnetically Attached Modern Looking Grille
The SF 26CT features a finely perforated round metal grille with a thin-edged rounded bezel for a refined appearance on the ceiling. The grille securely attaches magnetically to the baffle and quickly snaps into place. An optional square grille is available with the same finely perforated metal and thin-edged rounded bezel. This gives the owner, architect, or interior designer an additional choice for matching the décor. The grille assemblies are white and can be painted to match the architectural elements of the environment.
Cable/Conduit Access Plate
The cable/conduit access plate is used to bring speaker cable into the enclosure, whether free-pulled or through flex conduit. The cable/conduit access plate has two punch-outs for ½” conduit, flex or screw clamp fittings. Two punch-outs allow easy daisy chaining from speaker to speaker. The cable/conduit access plate can be oriented for side mount or for top mount. The side mount orientation allows cable/flex/conduit to enter into the side of the enclosure, without increasing the overall 8" depth of the speaker. The top mount orientation allows for blind-mounting into drywall ceilings, keeping all cable/flex/conduit connections on the top.
Opti-Torque Indicator Ring
The SF 26CT features exclusive Opti-Torque™ indicator rings that provide a visual indication when the locking arm screws have been sufficiently tightened, preventing damage to the speaker caused by overtightening. As the installation technician tightens the locking arms, the red Opti-Torque indicator ring will audibly snap when the proper torque has been applied. As a visual indicator, the red ring drops down onto the screwdriver shaft, signaling to the technician that the proper force has been applied.
Modular V-Rail and Foldable C-Rings
To facilitate installation in a T-bar ceiling, newly redesigned modular V-rail and foldable C-rings are included with the SF 26CT. The V-rails have been designed as a two-part assembly that can be snapped together in the field. The foldable C-rings have been designed to make them easier to maneuver into place, even in blind-mount drywall applications. The installer snakes the C-ring up through the speaker cut-out, unfolds it, and positions it as needed. The result is a continuous metal support around the entire cut-out, resulting in a more secure attachment to the ceiling.
- 6.5" (165 mm) long throw woofer with a tuned bass reflex enclosure
- 3/4" (19 mm) ferrofluid-cooled dome tweeter
- 8" (203 mm) deep composite back can for plenum environments
- Frequency range: 65 Hz to 22 kHz
- 111° conical dispersion
- 65 watts continuous pink noise
- 130 watts continuous program
- Locking arms support ceilings up to 2.25" (57.1 mm) thick.
- 8 ohm direct or 70/100 volt operation on a behind-the-grille selector with taps up to 64 watts —
- 8 ohm direct
- 70 volt: 64, 32, 16, and 8 watt selectable
- 100 volt: 64, 32, and 16 watt selectable
- Magnetically attached grille with a thin bezel for a refined appearance
- Grille and bezel are white and can be painted to match any environment
- Separable back can and baffle supports both single-trade and division-of-labor applications
- Modular V-rail and folding C-ring kit included
- Cable/conduit access plate can be oriented for side or top connections
- Opti-Torque indicator rings prevent overtightening of locking arm screws
- Four locking arms for quick ceiling installation
- UL 2043 plenum rated enclosure
- UL 1480 listed for safety
Audio/acoustic and electrical
- Speaker type
- 2-way ceiling speaker with composite back can
- Frequency range
- 65 Hz to 22 kHz, -10 dB, half space (per IEC 60268-5)
- Frequency response
- 88 Hz to 22 kHz, +/−3dB, half space
- Power capacity
- 65 W (rms) continuous pink noise
- 130 W (rms) continuous program
- Rated maximum input voltage (MIV)
- 22.4 V (62.6 W at 8 ohms) (per AES2-2012)
- Maximum SPL
- 104 dB, 1 m (based on MIV)
- 106 dB, 1 m (linear)
- Nominal sensitivity
- 88 dB SPL, 1W, 1 m, half space
- Nominal impedance
- 8 ohms per speaker
- Crossover frequency
- 2.5 kHz
- Nominal coverage angle
- 111° conical coverage (1 kHz to 4 kHz)
- (1) 6.5" (165 mm) polypropylene cone with moisture resistant coating
- (1) 0.75" (19.1 mm) PEI dome
- Rotary switch taps
- 70 V: 64 W, 32 W, 16 W, 8 W, 8 ohms direct
- 100 V: null, 64 W, 32 W, 16 W, 8 ohms direct
- Overload protection
- Full range power limiter with the 8 ohm direct input only, protecting the tweeter, woofer, and crossover
- Input connector
- (1) 5 mm captive screw connector, 4 pole for 1 input and 1 loop-through
- 2 speakers (1 pair)
- Included accessories
- Cutout template/paint shield, setup guide, mounting screws, 4 V-rails, 2 C-rings, 2 round grilles, 2 cable clamps, 2 captive screw connectors
- Storage: -40 to +158 °F (-40 to +70 °C) / 10% to 90%, noncondensing
- Operating: +32 to +122 °F (0 to +50 °C) / 10% to 90%, noncondensing
- Ceiling mountable with included hardware
- Enclosure type
- Plenum rated, fire-resistant (UL94V-0) composite back can/baffle;
- Magnetically attached powder-coated steel grille with plastic bezel.
- Enclosure outer dimensions
- 8.34" H x 10.64" diameter
- (211.8 mm x 270.3 mm diameter)
- 8.0" H (203.2 mm H) from front of ceiling tile to back of rear enclosure
- Cutout dimensions
- 9.3" diameter
- (236.2 mm diameter)
- Product weight
- 9.4 lbs (4.3 kg) each
- Regulatory compliance
- CE, UL 2043, UL1480, NFPA 90A, NFPA 70
- UL Listed for use in plenum airspaces:
- UL 2043 listed for heat and smoke release,
- UL 1480 listed for commercial and professional audio systems
- RoHS, WEEE
All nominal levels are at ±10%.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.