JBL 3 Series 308P MKII Powered Studio Monitor PairBundle Includes:
- 2x JBL 3 Series 308P MkII 8-in Powered Studio Monitor
The next-generation JBL 308P MkII powered studio monitor makes legendary JBL performance available to every studio. With the revolutionary JBL Image Control Waveguide and refined transducers, JBL 308P MkII offers stunning detail, precise imaging, a wide sweet spot and impressive dynamic range that enhances the critical listening capabilities of any modern workspace. Featuring patented technologies derived from the JBL 7 Series and M2 Master Reference Monitors, and sporting a sleek, modern design, JBL 308P MkII delivers outstanding performance and an enjoyable mix experience at an accessible price.
Since their release, word has spread on the quality and value found in the original JBL 3 Series, resulting in wide adoption from hobbyists to high-end professionals working in music, film, post, and broadcast production worldwide. With such an obvious hit, you might ask, "Why update now?" On every project at JBL, there’s always a handful of features or improvements that the engineering team can’t squeeze in before going to production. 3 Series was no different. When the opportunity presented itself, the JBL team decided to make those final improvements to the transducers, add a frequently-requested feature, and apply the latest manufacturing learnings. The result—a new edition of this popular studio monitor that retains the best qualities of the original, but now looks better, sounds better, and provides transparent sound in even more production environments.
Reveal impressive detail, ambience and depth in your mixes thanks to the groundbreaking JBL Image Control Waveguide. Originally developed for JBL’s flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor, this patented innovation ensures an acoustically seamless transition between the low- and high-frequency transducers and provides an immersive soundstage with precise imaging. Offering a broad sweet spot and neutral frequency response, JBL 308P MkII delivers a crystal-clear representation of your mix— revealing subtle details, even when listening off-axis.
To help you make the best mix decisions, JBL equipped the 308P MkII with acclaimed 3 Series transducers that now perform even better. Hear deep, accurate and tightly controlled bass thanks to a long-throw 8" woofer and the patented JBL Slip Stream™ low-frequency port. Enjoy soaring, immaculately detailed highs via the woven-composite 1" Neodymium tweeter. JBL engineers took things to the next level with faster HF transient response through fine-tuned ferrofluid damping, and greater low frequency linearity and lower harmonic distortion courtesy of an enhanced woofer design. The result is a studio monitor you can trust—with unmatched peak handling, stunning dynamics and neutral frequency response that’s unbeatable in its class.
JBL 308P MkII is ready for the most demanding production styles right out of the box. Dual integrated Class D power amplifiers, custom designed by JBL for each transducer, give you generous dynamic range for any project. From music production and podcasting to cinematic sound design or daily vlogging, enjoy the output and power you need to hear exceptional detail at any volume—even at peak SPLs. Simply plug in, power on, and start creating.
The dimensions and acoustics of a room can have a major effect on sonic accuracy, and that’s why JBL 308P MkII lets you adjust the response to fit your studio. The new Boundary EQ attenuates the low-end boost that can occur when you place monitors directly on the desktop or near walls. The 3-position HF Trim switch allows you to adjust the high-frequency response of the 308P MkII to tailor it to room acoustics or personal tastes. Flexible Connectivity Offering both balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, and adjustable +4dBu/-10dBV input sensitivity, the 308P MkII offers flexible, professional connectivity options to provide easy setup while maintaining your signal integrity.
The design of the 308P MkII leverages over 70 years of JBL acoustic expertise to create a refined studio monitor at an outstanding value. While other manufacturers use off-the-shelf components and make subjective decisions about the sound, JBL builds speakers that squeeze every ounce of performance from each component to deliver efficient, accurate sound reproduction. 308P MkII is designed to JBL’s Linear Spatial Reference criteria—a series of 72 individual measurements taken 360 degrees around the speaker to ensure a faithful reproduction of your mix, whatever your listening environment.
JBL Professional studio monitors are designed for reliable performance, even when projects push your gear to the limit. Before being approved for production, 3 Series monitors must first pass JBL’s strenuous Power Test. Each model is required to perform flawlessly at maximum volume for an unheard-of 100 hours—without failure. As a result, you can depend on 308P MkII monitors to deliver consistently excellent sound reproduction for years to come.
- Patented Image Control Waveguide for detailed imaging and a broad, room-friendly sweet spot
- Next-generation JBL transducers for optimized transient response and improved linearity
- Patented Slip Stream™ low-frequency port for superior bass performance at all playback levels
- Dual integrated, custom Class D amplifiers provide 112 watts of power for high output and dynamic range
- New Boundary EQ settings to compensate for low-frequency variants introduced by the environment
- HF Trim switch to adjust high-frequency output to room acoustics or personal preferences
- Flexible connectivity with balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, +4dBu / -10dBV input-sensitivity switch and volume control
- Engineered to JBL Linear Spatial Reference design criteria for outstanding accuracy in any working space
- Strenuous JBL 100-hour power test ensures years of reliability Sleek, modern design provides a dramatic flair to any studio
- LF Driver Size: 203mm (8")
- HF Driver Size: 25mm (1")
- HF Driver Type: Soft Dome
- Crossover: 1800hz 4th Order Acoustic Linkwitz-riley
- OK For Use Near Magnetically Sensitive Equipment
- Input Sensitivity (-10dbv Input): 92db / 1m
- Power Configuration: Bi-amplified
- HF Driver Power Amp: 56w, Class-d
- LF Driver Power Amp: 56w, Class-d
- Frequency Response (±3db): 45hz – 20khz
- Frequency Range (-10db): 37hz – 22khz
- Low Frequency Extension (-10db): 37hz
- Maximum Continuous Spl*: 102db
- Maximum Peak Spl**: 112db
- Maximum Peak Input Level (-10dbv / +4dbu): +6dbv / +20.3dbu
- System Distortion Criteria: Less Than 10% Thd At Maximum Output With Full Compressor / Limiter Engagement
- Electrical Distortion Criteria: 0.2% Thd @ 1khz / 2.83vrms Output; <1% thd @ 1khz, Full Rated Output
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 75dba (a-weighted), 70dbr (unweighted), Relative To 2.83vrms Output
- Coverage Horizontal X Vertical: 120° X 90°
- Analog Input Types: 1 X Xlr Female, 1 X Trs Female, Balanced
- HF Trim Control: -2db, 0db, +2db
- Boundary Eq: Lf Shelf @ 50hz: -3db, -1.5db, 0db
- Ac Input Voltage: 100 – 240vac (±10%), 50 / 60hz
- Enclosure Type: Ported
- Enclosure Construction: 15mm Mdf
- Enclosure Finish: Matte Black PVC
- Baffle Construction: Injection-molded Structural Abs
- Cabinet Dimensions (h X W X D***): 419 X 254 X 308mm (16.5" X 10" X 12.1")
- Display Carton (h X W X D): 473 X 312 X 358mm (18.6" X 12.3" X 14")