JBL CBT 1000E High-Output Column Extension Speaker
When connected to a CBT1000 line array column speaker, the CBT1000E Extension provides extended bass response, extended pattern control, and increased sound output levels. The combined array system provides Constant Beamwidth Technology™, which represents a breakthrough in pattern control consistency, utilizing complex analog beamforming and amplitude tapering to accomplish superior, consistent vertical coverage without the narrow vertical beaming and out-of-coverage lobing that are typical of passive column speakers.
- Components: Six (6) 165 mm (6.5 in) high-excursion LF drivers (CBT1000E)
- 1500 Watt power handling (CBT1000E)
- Built-in purpose-designed crossover network, for combining with CBT1000 (CBT1000E)
- Coupler plate included (CBT1000E)
- Extended pattern control
- Components: Twenty-four (24) 25 mm (1 in) extra-high-power soft dome tweeters and Twelve (12) 165 mm (6.5 in) high-excursion LF drivers (CBT1000+1000E)
- 3000 watt power handling (CBT1000+1000E)
- Patent-pending Constant Beamwidth Technology ™ provides constant directivity up to the highest frequencies and reduces out-of-coverage lobing.
- Vertical pattern coverage is individually adjustable through a range of four (4) "Pattern Up" angles and four (4) "Pattern Down" coverage angles for a total of sixteen (16) different coverage combinations, all without the use of external DSP processing (CBT1000)
- Patent-pending Tapered Horizontal Waveguide provides a continuously varying horizontal dispersion (very wide for short-throw, narrower for long-throw) delivering superior coverage in both the front and rear corners of a room (CBT1000)
- Single-speaker system room coverage at high SPL, with little over-splash and strong bass response down to below 38 Hz (CBT1000+1000E)
- Switchable voicing provides flat response in music mode or mid-range presence peak in speech mode (CBT1000)
- Swivel (pan)/tilt wall bracket and coupler plate included.
- 1 COMPONENTS: Twenty-four (24) 25 mm (1 in) extra-high-power soft dome tweeters and Twelve (12) 165 mm (6.5 in) high-excursion LF drivers (CBT1000+1000E)
- Frequency range (-10 DB): 38 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage: Vertical (selectable via switch)
- Sensitivity (2.83V@ 1m): 102 dB (at highest sensitivity setting: "Point" pattern up, "Point" pattern down, "Speech" voicing, in free space) 95 dB (at lowest sensitivity setting: "Medium" pattern up, "Downfill" pattern down, "Music" voicing in free space)
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Power Capacity: 3000 W (12000 W peak), 2 hrs 2000 W (8000 W peak), 100 hrs
- Max SPL: Highest directivity setting: ("Point" pattern up, "Point" pattern down) with "Speech" voicing: 131 dB continuous average pink noise 134 dB continuous program 137 dB Peak Highest directivity setting: ("Point" pattern up, "Point" pattern down) with "Music" voicing: 127 dB continuous average pink noise 130 dB continuous program 133 dB peak Lowest directivity setting: ("Medium" pattern up, "Downfill" pattern down) with "Speech" voicing:128 dB continuous average pink noise 131 dB continuous program 134 dB peak Lowest directivity setting: ("Medium" pattern up, "Downfill" pattern down) with "Music" voicing: 124
- Vertical Coverage Settings: Coverage is effective (frequency response similar) beyond the traditional -6 dB coverage angles. This is especially useful in compensating for differences in listening distances. Figures show both the -6 dB and -12 dB coverage angles (at 3 kHz). Angles are in reference to cabinet aiming axis. Pattern UP Settings: "Point": -6dB @ +7°, -12 dB @ +12° "Tight": -6dB @ +9°, -12 dB @ +15° "Narrow": -6dB @ +10°, -12 dB @ +20° "Medium": -6dB @ +13°, -12 dB @ +24° Pattern DOWN Settings: "Point": -6dB @ -7°, -12 dB @ -12°
- Horizontal Coverage: Patent-pending Tapered Horizontal Waveguide continuously variable. Long-throw (top) section: 100° Middle section: 130° Short-throw (bottom) section: 160°
- Low Frequency Drivers: 12 pcs, 165 mm (6.5 in) drivers, neodymium, 50 mm (2 in) voice coil, damped blended textile surround, coated diaphragm for moisture, UV, and salt resistance.
- High Frequency Drivers: 24 pcs, 25 mm (1 in) drivers, neodymium, encased magnet and coated diaphragm for moisture, UV, and salt resistance.
- Enclosure: Fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet, powder coated 1050 aluminum grille
- Outdoor Capability: IP-55 rated, per IEC529, when installed with optional MTC-PC2 panel cover. Exceeds Mil Spec 810 for humidity, temperature & UV, ASTM G85 for acid-air/salt-spray (200 hrs).
- Colors: Black (RAL9004)
- Insert Points: Coupler plate utilizes the bottom two rows of the top speaker and the top two rows of the bottom speaker, leaving available: 20 individual M8 inserts on back panel (20 mm deep) for use with swivel (pan)/tilt bracket(s), plus 4 individual M8 inserts on top and 4 on bottom of cabinet end-caps.
- Mounting: Included two-part swivel (pan)/tilt wall bracket provides continuously variable +/- 45 degree left-right swivel aiming (at no up/down tilt – see Bracket Guide for maximum swivel range at various up/down tilt angles), continuously variable +/- 5.25 degree tilt, in the following increments: 5.25°, 5.0°, 4.5°, 4°, 3.75°, 3.5°, 3.0°, 2.75°, 2.5°, 2.0°, 1.75°, and 1.25°. Twenty (20) available threaded mounting points located on back panel of cabinet conform to industry standard rectangular 127 x 70 mm (5.0 x 2.75 in) pattern for legacy OmniMount® and other compatible third–party brackets. Four (4) threaded mount points on the top end-cap and four (4) on the bottom end-cap. Threaded mounting points can be utilized for suspension. (Always use multiple mounting points.)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 2040 mm x 250 mm x 345 mm (80.4 x 9.9 x 13.6 in)
- Weight: (cabinet): 47.2 kg (104 lbs.)
- Included Accessories: Two-piece swivel (pan)/tilt wall bracket Coupler Plate