JBL MPA600 2-Channel Amplifier 440-Watts RMS
The MPA Professional Audio Amplifier Series is specifically matched to the characteristics of JBL speakers. They deliver a wide range of output power to accommodate even JBL's most powerful transducers. They exhibit good peak power capability and excellent dynamic headroom to accurately reproduce musical transients. Each amplifier includes a protective output limiter to protect both the amplifier and the loudspeaker form excessive power. The limiting action curve is perfectly matched to JBL transducers taking full advantage of their low power compression characteristics. The action of the limiter does not "rob" the system of acoustic power since the total output of a heavily distorted amplifier is the same as the "limited" MPA amplifier, but with extremely clean, non-distorted sound. Open Input Architecture™: JBL systems philosophy also extends to the input stage of the amplifier. Flexible input cards allow these amplifiers to be tailored to a variety of applications, and configurations can be changed easily as new situations arise.
- Extended bandwidth, extremely smooth frequency response.
- 110° x 85° HF coverage, rotatable horn.
- 110 W transformer for 70 V or 100 V lines, with 8 ohm thru.
- SonicGuard™ overload protection.
- 200 mm (8 in) Kevlar cone woofer, 25 mm (1 in) titanium diaphragm compression driver.
- Includes InvisiBall™ mounting hardware, plus ten 6 mm attachment points for suspension and optional U-bracket.
- Sealed input panel cover and screwdown input terminals.
- Distortion: SMPTE-IM, less than 0.05%
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0.1 dB, 8 Hz to 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Damping Factor: Greater than 200
- Dynamic Headroom: 3 dB at 4 ohms (2 dB for MPA 275)
- Noise: 100 dB below rated output (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Sensitivity: 1 Vrms for rated power (8 ohms)
- Input Impedance: 10 kOhms unbalanced, 20 kOhms balanced
- Controls: Front: AC switch, Ch 1 & Ch2 Gain (2 dB detents). Rear panel switch for parallel inputs or bridged output configuration.
- Input: Barrier strip and XLR
- Speakers: 5-way binding posts, Speakon connectors, st. Speakon (for mating cable, use Neutrik NL4FC connector)
- Cooling: Continuously variable speed fan, rear-to-front air flow
- Amplifier Protection: Full short circuit (Output Averaging™ short circuit protection US Patent 4,321,554), open circuit, ultrasonic, and RF protection, thermal limiting, muting; stable into reactive or mismatched loads
- Load Protection: On/off muting, clip limiting, DC-fault load grounding relay with internal fault fuses
- Output Circuit Type: Complementary linear, high-efficiency outputs: 3-step on MPA1100, 2-step on MPA750, MPA600 and MPA400, 1-step on MPA275
- Power Requirements: 100, 120, 230 Vac. 50-60 Hz
- Power Consumption: (@ 120 Vac)
- Normal Operation:
- 4 ohms per channel
- All models: less than 12 A, (1.44 kW)
- Max. (full power, 2 ohms/channel): MPA1100, 41A (5kW); MPA750, 58A (7kW); MPA600, 32A (3.9kW); MPA400, 24A (2.9kW); MPA275 18A (2.2kW)
- 48.3 cm (19in) rack mounting
- 45.5 cm (17.9in) deep (rear support ears)
- 8.9 cm (3 1/2in) tall (2 spaces)