The PRX525 is a self-powered, lightweighttwo-way loudspeaker system capable ofdelivering a very high level of performanceover a broad bandwidth. The PRX525 iscomprised of two 380 mm (15 in) 265FDifferential Drive® woofers, a 2408H37.5mm (1.5 in) annular polymerdiaphragm, neodymium compression drivermounted to a 70° by 70° horn, all drivenby a multi-channel Crown InternationalClass-D digital power amplifier. A proprietyDSP chip is at the core of a fully featuredinput section, providing user selectablesystem EQ, protection, input sensitivityselection, cross-over functionality, dynamiclimiting and discrete componentoptimization.
The enclosure is constructed of qualityplywood and coated in JBL’s ruggedDuraFlex™ finish. Durable polypropyleneend-caps add extra protection for thecabinet. The CNC-machined steel grillewraps around the sides of the enclosure sothere are no protruding lips on the front ofthe box to create acoustical interference.The grille is also lined with an acousticallytransparent foam to provide additionaldriver protection.
The amplifier input panel offers XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility and a sensitivityswitch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound sourcewithout using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status andassist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.
- Dual Differential Drive® woofers
- 1.5" annual polymer diaphragm compression driver
- Class-D, Crown® digital amplifier
- DSP input section with crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- Professional XLR line and ¼" Mic/Instrument inputs with loop through
- Illuminated logo for clear Power-On status
- DuraFlex™ coated plywood construction
- Polypropylene end-caps enhance durability
- Wrap around heavy duty steel grille provides protection without obstructing performance.
- Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip for maximum comfort