JBL PRX818XLW 18-Inch Powered Subwoofer
The JBL PRX818XLFW is a self-powered extended low-frequency subwoofer system. Featuring a JBL 18-inch woofer powered by a 1500-watt class-D amplifier, PRX818XLFW delivers incredible output in a lightweight and compact form factor.
The PRX818XLFW extended low frequency subwoofer was designed and engineered to provide sub bass frequencies with accuracy and power. Used as a single sub in a sub/sat system or in multiples as part of a scalable, large format sound reinforcement system, the PRX818XLFW performs with exceptional efficiency and control. The subs are stackable and light-weight ensuring quick set-ups and tear-downs. And due to their rugged construction are perfect for AV rental inventories. With a pole receptacle (that accepts a SS4-BK or SS4-BK24) on the top panel and integrated stereo pass-thru this is the most powerful low-frequency complement to the PRX full-range systems. The addition of a polarity reverse option further enables system optimization.
The PRX818XLFW is a high performance self-powered subwoofer system with remote Wi-Fi control of onboard DSP EQ parameters. The PRX818XLFW is comprised of a powerful 2278G Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, woofer driven by a 1500W Class-D power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable cross-over functionality, polarity optimization, protection, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
All PRX800 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX800 Series cabinets are protected by JBL's tour proven DuraFlex? finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16-gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. The amplifier input panel offers stereo inputs with XLR or 1/4 inch jack compatibility. A user selectable crossover ensures a smooth transition to full-range system connected to the stereo outputs. Signal present and limiter lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level via the level control knob.Features:
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless control of your system from anywhere in the venue
- Free PRX Connect mobile app for iOS and Android provides wireless control over volume levels, 8-band parametric EQ and up to 50ms of speaker delay to fine-tune your sound
- Class-leading 1500-watt amplifier delivers ample power to fill your venue
- JBL Differential Drive transducers for higher SPL in a lightweight design
- Next-generation JBL neodymium compression drivers
- Redesigned Crown input technology, including XLR, 1/4" and RCA inputs plus XLR loop-through
- Intelligent variable-speed fan activates only when needed to reduce noise
- Updated tuning delivers flat frequency response and smooth off-axis behavior
- Durable wooden cabinets, tour-proven DuraFlex finish and dent-resistant 16-gauge grilles
- Universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- dbx Type IV limiting ensures clear, accurate sound at high volumes
- Brutal testing regimen?including the famous JBL 100-hour power test - ensures reliable performance
- System type: self-powered 18" subwoofer
- Maximum SPL output: 134 dB peak
- Frequency range (-10 dB): 30 Hz - 103 Hz
- Frequency response (±3 dB): 35 Hz - 87 Hz
- Input connectors: 2 Balanced female XLR/ 1/4" combo connectors
- Input impedance: 20K Ohms (balanced)
- Signal indicators: Limit - yellow LED indicates peak output has been reached and dsp limiter is acting. Signal - green LED indicates signal present. Power -blue indicates system has power and ready.
- Dynamic control (input): DBX Type IV limiter circuit
- Internal crossover frequency: 100 Hz DSP
- Loop out crossover frequency: 120 Hz analog 24 dB filter slope
- Design: highly efficient Class-D amplifier
- Power rating: 1500W
- AC power input: 100V - 240V ~ 50/60 Hz
- Low frequency driver: 1 x JBL 2278G 18" (460mm) woofer
- Enclosure: rectangular, 18mm plywood
- Transport: 2 x injection molded handles with backing cup
- Finish: Obsidian DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, Obsidian, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent black cloth backing.
- Dimensions: 27.26" x 20.6" x 28.5" / 692mm x 523mm x 724mm (H x W x D)
- Net Weight: 81 lbs. (36.8 kg)
- Gross Weight: 100 lbs. (45.0 kg)