Klark Teknik 1176KT Classic FET-Style Compressor
Designed as an homage to the classic 1176LN, every effort was made to keep the 76-KT FET-Style Compressor true to the original D and E versions of the iconic signal processor. At the same time, we modernised the completely discrete signal path using hand-selected components and custom-engineered Midas input and output transformers – for the ultimate in pristine sonic performance.
Ever since its formation in the 1970s, Midas has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations worldwide, legendary Midas consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became industry standards.
Midas has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build-quality and in particular for their Award-winning Mic Preamps, which are considered by industry experts as the industry's best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality.
Klark Teknik is proud to incorporate Midas designed input and output transformers for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about Midas' amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website.
The compression ratio is selected by pushing any, or all, of the Ratio buttons located to the left of VU meter. Ratios available are: 4:1 for moderate compression; 8:1 for severe compression; 12:1 ratio for mild limiting; and 20:1 for hard limiting. Using the "All-Button" mode can be especially effective when applied to drums, bass, guitar, and
room mics – or for more aggressive "in your face" vocals.
76-KT's Attack knob adjusts the amount of time it takes the compressor to respond to audio that exceeds the threshold. The response time is slower at the fully counterclockwise position and faster when turned clockwise. The Release knob adjusts how long the compressor remains engaged after the incoming audio falls below the threshold. The response time is also slower at the fully counterclockwise position and faster when adjusted clockwise.
In keeping with the design of the original processor, the 76-KT features an illuminated, vintage-style VU meter for visual confirmation of gain reduction (GR) and output levels. A meter reading of 0 corresponds to an output level of +4, +6 or +8 dBm, depending on which button is engaged.
- Classic FET-style compressor modeled after iconic 1176LN, D and E Revisions
- Completely discrete signal path
- Class-A line-level output amplifier
- Custom-built, Midas input and output transformers
- Push button selection of compression ratios: 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Ultra-fast attack time: 20 to 800 microseconds
- Adjustable release time: 80 to 700 milliseconds
- Vintage-style meter features gain reduction and output
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs on Neutrik XLR connectors
- Rugged 2U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.