Korg Krome EX 88-Key Synthesizer Keyboard
On Stage. On the Go. On Top.Offering full-length, unlooped samples of every key for a spectacular piano sound, this new keyboard redefines your expectations for an instrument in this class. Taking its name from the Greek word meaning "color," Krome is the new standard for sonic excellence in a gigging musician’s keyboard, providing a limitless palette of sound to bring vivid inspiration your music. Introducing the Krome Music Workstation.
- 3.8GB High-capacity PCM memory
- Kronos-derived full length, unlooped piano and drum sounds, plus new electric pianos designed to shine on stage
- The Korg workstation ideal for any style of piano playing
- Electric pianos with eight-level velocity switching for unmatched expressive power
- Drums offering separately mixable direct and ambient sounds for studio-grade quality
- Drum Track plays back realistic, inspiring grooves at the touch of a button
- Expertly created, in-demand sounds including 640 Programs and 288 Preload Combinations
- Distinctive aluminum panel design exudes a sense of quality
- Clear, intuitive control with Korg’s exclusive 7-inch color TouchView™ display
- USB connection to your computer, plus an SD Card slot for data storage
- You can use the Krome editor to edit sounds on your computer
- Natural Expression: Krome 88 is equipped with Korg’s NH (Natural Weighted Hammer Action) keyboard, ensuring that every nuance of your playing dynamics will be expressively reflected when playing sounds such as piano or electric piano.
- Distinctive aluminum panel design exudes a sense of quality: The dramatic dark colored body provides Krome with an elegantly curved profile. The top control panel is made using two aluminum panels of differing design. The result is a distinctive appearance that projects an unmistakable presence, even on a cluttered stage. In both looks and sound, Krome will make a strong impression on the audience.
- Intuitive TouchView™ interface: Krome's huge 800 x 480 pixel TouchView Color display can show numerous parameters at once, ensuring great visibility. Simply touch the screen to change sounds or edit parameters. Finger-drag editing is also supported, allowing you to use the on-screen sliders and knobs directly. Numerous functions take advantage of the TouchView interface, such as the piano roll editor, a stopwatch that’s convenient for keeping track of a live performance, and a calculator keypad that is convenient for entering numerical values.
- USB and SD Storage: You can connect Krome to your computer via USB to easily transfer MIDI data. You can also use an SD card (commercially available) to manage the Krome's data files.
- Stand-alone and Plug-in Krome Editing Software: The Krome Editor and Krome Plug-In Editor allow you to edit your Krome from your computer while viewing large numbers of parameters simultaneously, or to use Krome in your DAW as if it were a software synthesizer. You can download the latest version of the Krome sound editor from the Korg website.
- NH (Natural Weighted Hammer Action) keyboard *velocity sensitive is supported, after touch is not supported
- *Standard A0 - C8 (transposable in the range [A-1...C7]-[A1...C9])
- * The NH keyboard reproduces the touch of an acoustic piano, with a heavier feel in the low register and a lighter feel in the upper register.
- System: EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-eXpanded)
- Maximum Polyphony:
- 120 voices (120 Oscillators) / Single Mode
- 60 voices (120 Oscillators) / Double Mode
- *The maximum simultaneous voice polyphony will vary depending on oscillator settings, velocity crossfading and whether you are using mono or stereo multisamples.
- PCM Memory
- 3.8 GB (In case of 48 kHz, 16-bit Linear PCM converted)
- 583 multisamples (including 12 Stereo multi-samples)
- 2,080 drumsamples (including 474 Stereo Drumsamples )
- Oscillator OSC1 (Single); OSC1 + 2 (Double): Stereo multisamples are supported 8 velocity zones per oscillator with switching, crossfades and layers
- Filters Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB) Two multi-mode filters per oscillator (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)
- Driver Per-voice nonlinear driver and low boost
- EQ Three bands, with sweepable mid
- For each oscillator: two envelope generators (Filter & Amp)
- Two LFOs
- Two key tracking generators (Filter & Amp)
- Two AMS mixers
- Pitch EG
- Common LFO
- Two common key tracking generators
- Timbre Number
- Max: 16
- For each Timbre: keyboard and velocity split/layer/crossfades
- Modifications to the program settings via the Tone Adjust function
- Timbre Number
- Drum Kit
- Stereo and mono drum samples
- 8 velocity zones switch (crossfades and layers)
- The number of Combination / Program / Drum Kit:
- User Combination: 512 Combination (288 Preload)
- User Program: 768 Program (640 Preload)
- User Drum Kit: 48 Drum Kit (32 Preload)
- Preset Program: 256 GM2 Program + 9 GM2 Drums Program
- Insert Effects: 5 Insert Effects (stereo in/out)
- Master Effects: 2 Master Effects (stereoin/out)
- Total Effects: 1 Total Effect (stereo in/out)
- Timbre / Track EQ: 3-band EQ per in 1 Timbre / in 1 Track
- Effect Types: 193 types (Usable as insert, master, or total effects. However, double-size effects cannot be used as a total effect.)
- Modulation: Dynamic Modulation, 2 Common LFO
- Effects Control Busses: Stereo side chain (Limiter, Gate, Vocoder, etc)
- Effect Preset: 32 preset per effect
- Program Mode: 1 unit
- Combination, Sequencer Mode: 2 units are available.
- Number of pattern:
- 5 preset Arpeggio pattern
- 1,028 User Arpeggio pattern (900 Preload)
- Preset Patterns: 637 patterns (Common with the preset pattern of the Sequencer mode)
- User Patterns
- 1,000 patterns (Pattern created in Sequencer mode can be converted to drum track user pattern)
- Configurable "Trigger Mode / Sync / Zone"
- Tracks: 16-track MIDI Sequencer + 1 master track
- Number of Songs: 128 Songs
- Resolution: 1/480
- Tempo: 40.00 - 300.00 (1/100 BPM resolution)
- Maximum memory: 210,000 MIDI events
- Template Song: 16 preset / 16 user template songs
- Cue List function:
- 20 Cue List
- Songs can be arranged consecutively or repeatedly in up to 99 steps, a cue list can be converted back into a song.
- Pattern / RPPR (Realtime Pattern Play and Recording):
- 637 Preset / 100 User pattern (Per song)
- 1 pattern set per song
- Format: Korg (Krome) format, SMF format 0 and 1
- Media: Load, Save, Utility, Data filer functionality (Save and Load MIDI System Exclusive Data)
- Controllers: Joystick, SW , SW 
- Realtime Control