M-Audio BX8 D2 8-Inch Powered Studio Monitor
The M-AudioBX studio monitor series is trusted by more musicians and recording professionals than any other. Now, the BX8 D2 monitors extend the bestsellers’ legacy with an elegant new design inside and out. We leveraged technology from our high-end monitors to extend the frequency response and provide an even more natural listening experience. Custom Class A/B analog amplifiers deliver superior dynamics and tonal accuracy across the frequency spectrum—while the latest-generation woven Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters provide rich, defined sound. With the BX8 D2, you’ll enjoy the utmost accuracy in an engaging listening experience.
Whether you’re recording, mixing, or mastering, your monitors are your primary reference source. Accurate monitors let you hear exactly what’s happening in your mixes—and give you the assurance that your music will translate well to other listening environments. The M-Audio BX8 D2 monitors leverage a decade of monitor engineering expertise to deliver exceptional transparency and sonic definition—allowing you to enjoy marathon mixing sessions with minimal listening fatigue.
Countless pros use M-Audio studio monitors to produce and mix the music and audio you hear every day. The BX D2 series makes that same design philosophy and technology available to anyone with a passion for great sound. BX8 D2 helps you understand what’s in your mix so you can make better decisions about how it will translate across a wide variety of systems—from MP3 earbuds to car stereos to audiophile rigs.
Our high-frequency domes are made from natural silk to counter the audible ringing that is inherent in the poorly crafted metallic materials often found in other monitors. The high-frequency driver is fully isolated from the rest of the enclosure to ensure minimum distortion, providing ultra-smooth frequency response up to 22 kHz. It also features a built-in waveguide, which offers an expansive sound stage and exceptional imaging.
To insure a lifetime of service, we constructed the BX8 D2 monitor’s 8" low-frequency driver from woven Kevlar. Kevlar’s high mechanical and thermal resilience makes it ideal for use in speaker cones. Our engineers also created a curved conical design that improves room dispersion. High-damping reliable rubber surrounds provide percussive musical bass, and insure that the cone reaches its optimal excursion for accurate reproduction. And our high-temperature voice coils reduce power compression, guaranteeing that your monitors will deliver full performance hour after hour.
The BX8 D2 cabinet is integrally designed with its other components for optimal performance—right down to rounded corners for reduced edge diffraction and superior imaging. The custom rear port is designed to minimize air turbulence and resulting distortion while adding additional low frequency extension.
The Class A/B bi-amplified design dedicates separate power amps to the high and low frequencies—providing ample headroom for even the loudest and most dynamic of mixes. Combined with a finely tuned crossover, the design ensures that each driver only delivers the frequencies that it can reproduce most efficiently, resulting in tonal accuracy and cohesive sound across the entire frequency spectrum.Features:
- Bi-amplified design with 130 watts of distributed power for cohesive, accurate sound
- 8" low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones for rich, defined lows
- 1-1/4" high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides for smooth, clear highs
- Optimized rear ports for extended low-frequency response
- Magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, amplifiers, instruments, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control
- Includes two isolation pads
- Frequency Response: 38Hz-22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.2 kHz
- Low-Frequency Amplifier Power: 70 watts
- High-Frequency Amplifier Power: 60 watts
- Maximum Signal-To-Noise (Dynamic Range): > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input Impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: Factory programmed for either 115V 50/60 Hz or 230V 50/60 Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size: 12" x 10" x 15"; 30.48cm x 25.4cm x 38.1cm
- Weight: 26.4 lbs./unit; 11.97 kg