MACKIE ONYX-3280 32-CH PREMIUM SR CONSOLE
Priority one for the Onyx 80 Series was to create a live sound console that made absolutely no sacrifice in sonic integrity at any stage of the design. So the Onyx 80 Series engineers started with the highest quality analog components available?from premium op-amps to IC chips costing exponentially more than previous designs. By utilizing semi-discrete eight channel modular circuit boards, the Onyx series combine the flexibility of single PCBs for each channel, with the cost advantages and minimal cabling of large-scale integrated circuit boards.
The Onyx 80 Series mixers break the ?you get what you pay for? adage by offering more channels and features than any other mixer even remotely close in price. These features include eight pre/post-switchable, stereo-linkable Aux Sends for in-ear monitoring and effects routing?plus eight Stereo Aux Inputs (yes, that's 16 line inputs), each with 4-band Perkins EQ. This means you?ll no longer sacrifice mic inputs to accommodate effects returns and playback devices. Mackie has also added new features that any hardcore live engineer can appreciate, like a Monitor Flip function; a 10x2 Matrix Mixer; four Mute Groups; and an optional redundant power supply.
Who wants run-of-the-mill Aux and Group sends? Not our customers; they?ve come to expect more value when it comes from Mackie. That's why each of the Onyx 80 Series' eight Aux Sends become stereo pairs when the stereo switch is engaged, reducing the amount of head-scratching when asked to provide four stereo mixes for IEM (in-ear monitor) systems.
Extreme chassis rigidity is achieved in the Onyx 80 Series from the tough-as-nails modular monocoque design, then reinforced with beefy aluminum extrusions, plus strategically placed steel bulkheads. Then, the console is torture-tested for impact, shock, heat, vibration and humidity?it's even dropped repeatedly from a height of three feet! So a block of onyx stone is gonna flex before an Onyx 80 Series chassis does.
Channel Strip Features:
- Premium Onyx microphone preamps on all 32 channels
- 4-band Perkins EQ with hardware bypass
- 48V Phantom Power, Mic/Line, 100Hz High-pass, and Polarity switches
- 8 Auxiliary sends with Pre/post switches
- Aux. Stereo Link feature for IEM applications
- Direct Outputs on DB-25 connectors (8 channels per connector)
- 4 segment LED level indicators
- Smooth, long-throw 100mm faders
- Mute and PFL Solo switches
- Balanced XLR mic and 1/4" line inputs
Master Section Features:
- 8 Stereo Aux Inputs w/60mm faders, 4-band fixed Perkins EQ and 4-segment LEDs
- Aux. Send Masters with balanced 1/4" output, 1/4" insert, Mute and AFL Solo
- 8 Groups with 100mm faders, balanced 1/4" output and insert, Main Mix assign, Pan, Mute, and AFL Solo and 4-segment LEDs
- 8 Aux Master / Group Flip switches
- 10 In x 2 Out Matrix with balanced 1/4" outputs
- 4 Mute Groups
- Balanced XLR Talkback Mic input with routing to all Aux Sends, Groups and Main Mix
- Dual 100mm Main Mix faders
- Phones / Monitor section with Solo, Monitor and Phones level
- Main Mix to Monitor / Phones switch
- Big pair of 12-segment tri-color LED meters dedicated to Main Mix and Solo levels
- Power Indicator LEDs for +15V, -15V, +48V and +12V power supply rails
- Rude Solo Indicators
- Built-in "Real World" power supply 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 105W
- Optional rack mountable redundant power supply