Manley VOXBOX Class A Microphone Preamplifier
The VOXBOX® combines the legendary Manley Mono Mic Preamp, the ELOP reborn as a lower ratio compressor, the MID EQ blown out as a full range PEAK-DIP-PEAK EQ, and a DeEsser with a second ELOP limiter at the end. Using the Direct Input, bass players often wonder why it wasn’t named the BASSBOX.
- MANLEY transformers w/nickel laminations in mu-metal cases
- 2 kOhm MIC INPUT Z w/High current 48V Phantom power built-in
- Hi-Z (100K) Direct Instrument Input
- LINE & INSERT INPUTS (balanced XLR & 1/4")
- PREAMP & EQ outputs LO-Z (50 Ohms)
- Transformer balanced XLR outputs
- Transformerless unbalanced 1/4"outputs
- STEREO LINK for Compressor & De-esser/Limiter
- SIDE CHAIN MONITOR for De-Esser
- Large ILLUMINATED Sifam METER with FIVE readout modes - (older units before serial number MVB**1359 shipped before 9/2003 use: 12V 1.2W FESTOON LAMPS; Manley's Part Number: VAR016C) Order spare bulbs using our parts order form. (newest units after serial number MVB**1359 shipped after 9/2003 use yellow LED lighting)
- THD + N (1KHz @ +20 dBu): 0.3%
- Maximum output: +31dBu
Mic Preaamp Section:
- Frequency Response: ±1dB 20Hz - 60KHz
- Noise Floor (A-wgt): -86 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 113 dB
- Tube complement: 12AX7 & 12BH7 (or 6414)
- Gain: 40-60 dB
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 100 kHz
- Noise Floor (A-wgt): -89 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 116 dB
- Tube complement: 5751 & 12BH7 (or 6414)
- Gain: unity
- Power Consumption: 24 Watts
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- Dimensions: 19" x 5.25" x 10" - occupies 3U
- Unit Weight: 14 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 21 lbs.
Operating Mains Votage:
- Units are purpose built for original destination country's mains voltage: 100V, 120V, or 220-240VAC as indicated on the serial number badge. Power transformer must be replaced in order to change mains operating voltage.
- 120VAC units may NOT be rewired to put the primaries of the power transformer in series for 220-240V operation or a large radiated field of hum will develop. If changing locations/voltages, the power transformer must be replaced with the dedicated one for the voltage at which it will operate and the mains fuse must be changed.
- Mains Fuse Value for 120VAC = 1 Amp Slo-Blo 1/4” x 1 1/4”
- Mains Fuse Value for 240VAC= 1/2 Amp Slo-Blo 1/4” x 1 1/4”