Marantz Pro PMD-706 6-Channel Solid State Recorder
The PMD-706 is an advanced 6-channel field recorder. Featuring (4) XLR combo jacks for Mic & Line level sources, and (2) ¼" TRS jacks for supporting Line/Mic level, six high-quality audio tracks can be recorded at once. There is also a 3.5mm TRS input for extra versatility. Featuring a Dual-Record function that creates a duplicate track at a reduced level, up to (3) ‘safety tracks’ can be created for critical applications. Included are ¼" TRS to XLRF breakout cables for connecting balanced mic cables to inputs 5 and 6.
By utilizing the included DSLR camera mounting bracket, the PMD-706 satisfies the requirements required by professional DSLR recordists. This 6-channel recorder excels when attached to a camera or camera rig.
The PMD-706 comes standard with file encryption ability to keep recordings safe from unauthorized access - offering the maximum security for sensitive information. This works by encrypting WAV files to WAS files. These encrypted files utilize a 4-digit password protection feature so that only those with the 4-digit key can open and play the files.
- 6-channel recording up to 96kHz/24-bit
- SD/SDHC/SDXC recording media
- (4) XLR/TRS combo jacks for Mic and Line level inputs
- High Definition Discreet microphone preamps
- (2) 1/4" TRS jacks for Line level inputs
- 48V phantom power for professional condenser microphones
- 5-position lo-cut filter, limiting function and M/S microphone decoding
- Dual-recording mode creates a duplicate track at a reduced level (safety track). Total of (3) safety tracks possible.
- 3.5mm stereo jack with plug-in power for consumer microphones
- DSLR camera mounting bracket
- Tripod mounting socket on bottom of recorder
- (4) XLR+1/4" (6.35mm) inputs
- (2) 1/4" TRS (6.35mm) inputs
- (2) 1/8" (3.5mm) inputs
- (3) 1/8" (3.5mm) outputs
- (1) Micro-USB port, Type B
- Via (4) AA batteries (Alkaline or NI-MH), USB bus power, or a USB adapter
- Consumption: 2 W (with phantom power off), 4 W (with 6 channels and phantom power on)
- Operating Temperature: 41 - 140°F / 5 - 60°C
- Operating Humidity: 25 - 85%, non-condensing
- Battery Life: up to 5.5 hours (with phantom power off)
Supported SD Media
- SD card (64 MB - 2 GB)
- SDHC card (4 - 32 GB)
- SDXC card (48 - 128 GB)
- Recording Channels: 6-channels (stereo x 3, mono x 6), 4-channels in Dual
- Stereo mode, 4-channels max with 96 kHz sampling rate
- WAV (44.1, 48, or 96 kHz; 16- or 24-bit)
- BWF (44.1, 48, or 96 kHz; 16- or 24-bit)
- Recording Modes: Mono, Stereo, Dual Mono, Dual Stereo, Mid/Side Recording, Mix
Signal to Noise
- 93 dB (Line In -> Line Out)
- 88 - 90 dB (Mic In -> Line Out)
- 93 dB (Ext In -> Line Out)
- 93 dB (Camera In -> Line Out)
- 92 dB (Line In -> Headphone Out)
- 92 dB (Line In -> Camera Out)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (±1.0 dB)
- Input Impedance: 2 k?
- Phantom Power: 48V (±4V, 10 mA/channel), 24V (±4V, 10 mA/channel)
Inputs 1, 2, 3, 4 (set to Mic or Mic + phantom power)
- Input Impedance: 4.7 k?
- Maximum Input Level: -8 dBu
- Mic Input Gain: +28 dB (Low), +47 dB (Mid), +59 dB (High), +64 dB (Hi Plus)
Inputs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (set to Line)
- Input Impedance: 4.7 k?
- Standard Input Level: 0 dBu
- Maximum Input Gain: +12 dBu
- Line Input Gain: +0 dB (Low), +10 dB (mid), +20 dB (High), +30 dB (Hi Plus)
External Inputs 1 & 2
- Input Impedance: 10 k?
- Maximum Input Level: -1 dBV
- Low +9 dB, Mid +20 dB, High +35 dB, Hi Plus +45 dB
- Input Impedance: 1 k?
- Standard Input Level: -10 dBV
- Maximum Input Level: +3 dBV
1/8" (3.5mm) Line Output
- Output Impedance: 1 k?
- Maximum Output Level: +3 dBV
1/8" (3.5mm) Camera Output
- Output Impedance: 100 ?
- Maximum Output Level: -4 dBV
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 4.3" x 6.5" x 2.0" (10.9 x 16.5 x 5.1 cm)
- Weight: 1.20 lbs (0.54 kg)