Martin MAC Encore Wash CLD Moving Head Light
Designed to produce rich color and premium white light in a wide variety of applications where light quality is critical, the MAC Encore™ Wash CLD is an LED-based alternative to the MAC Viper Wash DX. The feature-packed soft edge moving head offers unparalleled 6000 K crisp, neutral daylight, and doubles as a modern replacement for generic fixtures like HMI based Fresnel fixtures, with the additional benefit of color mixing and movement.
- Unparalleled 6000 K cold white light quality
- Super silent cooling and effects operation
- Best-in-class size/weight/performance ratio
New LED Technology
Designed for real life applications, its pure white 6000 K CCT offers the most comprehensive spectrum available to date in a soft edge LED moving head. High CRI, TM-30 and R9 values ensure that skin tones, costumes, set pieces, and more will render their true colors naturally. Carefully chosen LED refresh rates ensure flicker-free operation in camera applications.
This is the most silent, soft edge moving head Martin Professional ever built. All motorized effect operations—cooling fans, barndoors, iris, zoom, pan and tilt—are engineered for applications where strict noise levels are a necessity. Even while running at maximum operation mode, MAC Encore Wash CLD is still a stealth operator.
Precise color temperature control with variable color temperature correction (CTO) that stays true to the black body curve without green or magenta shifts. Accurate control and smooth adjustment options to match the color temperature of other light sources on the set or stage. Vibrant CMY color mixing from light and smooth pastels to rich, saturated primaries.
A diffused wash field optical system with no color temperature variation while zooming or dimming ensures even light and color temperature distribution across the beam from high to low intensity for perfect control. Its Fresnel lens offers Gaussian diffusion and its ultra-fast, precise, and super silent 1:4 zoom allows for both high and low ceiling usage that spans from tight beams to wide coverage. A PC lens with 1:5 zoom ratio for tighter beam and longer throw is available as an optional accessory.
Brightest-in-class LED wash light with internal barndoor system. Two internal overlapable shutter blades allow for full blackout and the entire system rotates +/- 100°. When combined with its ultra-precise and tight iris you can effectively crop the beam’s wide axis to precisely frame the lit area and repeat cues with great precision similar to a studio Fresnel with barndoors.
Sturdy, Lightweight Design
With its best-in-class compact design and premium build-quality, MAC Encore Wash CLD lives up to Martin’s tour-proven standards. Its slick form factor offers the highest lumen per kg/lb ratio of its class. Combined, you get the lightest and finest fixture on the market (28.5 kg/62.9 lbs.)
- Pure white LED engine with 6000 K CCT.
- No color temperature variation during zoom and dimming.
- Flicker-free operation—LED driver frequency suitable for all camera applications.
- Whisper-silent—Combines convection and forced air cooling with user-selectable output vs. sound level control.
- Fully electronic dimmer/shutter control with various dimming curves and tungsten red-shift emulation.
- Vibrant CMY color mixing with a superior palette of colors ranging from rich, saturated primary colors to light and smooth pastel shades.
- Variable CTO—daylight to tungsten CCT control and expansion of the CMY palette that stays true to the black body curve.
- Color wheel—6 interchangeable dichroic filters + open.
- Fresnel lens: 1:4 zoom—precise, silent and fast zoom.
- PC lens (optional): 1:5 zoom—precise, silent and fast zoom.
- Internal barndoor system with two shutter blades and iris. Shutter blades can overlap for full blackout and the entire system rotates +/- 100°. Repeats cues with great precision.
- Precise and tight iris with adjustable dynamic effects.
- Animotion™ FX System—Internal dimming effect macros for stunning 3D mid-air and projection effects.
- Super precise and silent pan/tilt movement and positioning due to 3-phase stepper motor technology and absolute position monitoring.
- Compact size—L: 452 x W: 480 x H: 745 mm / L: 17.8 x W: 18.9 x H: 29.3 in.
- Low weight—28.5 kg/62.9 lbs
- Foam rubber (SIP) flight case insert for secure shipment.
- Length: 452 mm (17.8 in.)
- Width (across yoke): 480 mm (18.9 in.)
- Height (maximum): 755 mm (29.8 in.)
- Height (head straight up): 745 mm (29.4 in.)
- Weight: 28.5 kg (62.9 lb.)
- Minimum center-to-center distance in side-by-side installation: 730 mm (28.8 in.)
- Dynamic Effects
- Color mixing: CMY, independently variable 0 - 100%
- Color temperature control: Variable 6000 - 2700 K
- Color wheel: 6 x interchangeable dichroic filters + open, indexing, continuous rotation, random color
- Barn doors: Internal, two blades with individually controllable insertion, +/- 100° module rotation
- Iris: Variable 0 - 100%
- Dimmer/shutter: 0 - 100% continuous dimming, regular and random strobe and pulse effects, instant open and blackout
- Dimming options: Choice of four dimming curves
- Pre-programmed effects: Two ranges of FX, independent or synchronized/combined
- Focus: Range varies with zoom angle, from approx. 2 m (6.6 ft.) / 6 m (19.7 ft.) to infinity
- Zoom: Motorized
- Pan: 540°
- Tilt: 268°
- Position correction system: Absolute position monitoring
- Control and Programming
- DMX channels: 24
- Setting and addressing: Control panel with backlit graphic display and jog wheel or via DMX
- 16-bit control: Dimming, pan and tilt
- Movement control options: Tracking and vector
- Fixture identification: User-settable ID number
- DMX compliance: USITT DMX512-A
- RDM compliance: ANSI/ESTA E1.20
- Transceiver: Opto-isolated RS-485
- Fixture software update: USB memory device or over DMX link
- Light source: 6000 K white LEDs
- Total LED engine power: 468 W
- Minimum LED lifetime: 50 000 hours (to >80% luminous output)*
- Zoom range with Fresnel lens (standard): 14° - 60° one-tenth peak (1:4)
- Zoom range with PC lens (optional): 11° - 58° one-tenth peak (1:5)
- *Figure obtained under manufacturer's test conditions
- Photometric Data
- Light engine luminous output: ? 39 400 lumens
- Fixture luminous output with Fresnel lens (standard): 11 000 lumens
- Fixture luminous output with PC lens (optional): 12 000 lumens
- CRI (Color Rendering Index): >80
- CQS (Color Quality Scale): >80
- TM-30 Rf (IES TM-30-15 Fidelity Index): >80
- TM-30 Rg (IES TM-30-15 Gamut Index): >96
- TLCI (Television Lighting Consistency Index): >70
- Color: Black
- Housing: High-impact flame-retardant thermoplastic
- Protection rating: IP20
- Mounting points: 4 pairs of 1/4-turn locks