MOTU MOTUULAVB USB AVB IOS UltraLite Interface
The latest in MOTU's popular, award-winning UltraLite interface series, the UltraLite AVB is an 18-input, 18-output audio interface with DSP mixing, wi-fi control, AVB audio networking and best-in-class analog audio quality for on-the-go mobile audio recording.
18 x 18 USB/AVB audio interface with 36 simultaneous audio channels - 2 mic inputs, 2 guitar inputs, 6 line inputs, 8 line outputs, headphone out and 8-channel optical I/O for 18 inputs and 18 outputs.
Best-in-class audio quality - 117 dB dynamic range on analog outputs represents best-in-class analog audio performance for mobile recording.
DSP mixing and effects processing - Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 7 stereo aux busses, 3 group sends, access to eight network inputs, and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
Modeled vintage effects processing - Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
Flexible matrix routing and splitting - Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
Stand-alone operation with wireless control - Connect an Apple® Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable for wireless control of device settings, powerful 48-channel mixing and DSP effects.
Universal connectivity - Connects to your computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant hi-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Compatible with all audio software.
Web app control from any device - Control everything from your favorite web browser on a laptop, tablet and smartphone connected to your local Wi-Fi network.
System expansion - Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai, 24Ao, etc.) with a simple CAT-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
AVB audio networking - Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
Comprehensive metering - The large backlit LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O. Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu.
AudioDesk - Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
- Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Mic inputs:
- 2 x XLR mic inputs
- Preamp gain: 0 to +60 dB (digitally controlled)
- Analog inputs:
- 2 x 1/4" hi-Z guitar inputs (front panel)
- 6 x 1/4" TRS line inputs (balanced/unbalanced)
- Max level: +24 dBu (digitally adjustable -96 to +22)
- Analog outputs:
- 8 x 1/4" TRS line out (balanced, DC coupled)
- Max level: +20 dBu (digitally adjustable -4 to +20)
- 1 x 1/4" TRS stereo headphone
- I/O 1 bank (8 ch) of ADAT optical at 1x sample rates
- 1 bank (4 ch) of SMUX optical at 2x sample rates
- Switchable to stereo TOSLink (optical S/PDIF)
- I/O 18 inputs and 18 outputs (36 total) at 1x sample rates
- 14 inputs and 14 outputs (28 total) at 2x sample rates
- 10 inputs and 10 outputs (20 total) at 4x sample rates
- Computer I/O:
- 1 x USB 2.0 audio class compliant
- USB 3.0 and iOS compatible
- 1 x AVB Ethernet (requires OS X Yosemite)
- Computer I/O channels:
- USB 2.0 (44.1 to 48 kHz): 64 in/out
- USB 2.0 (88.2 to 96 kHz): 32 in/out
- USB 2.0 (176.4 to 192 kHz): 24 in/out
- AVB Ethernet: 16 to 128 in/out, depending on host computer speed
- MIDI I/O:
- 1 x MIDI IN
- 1 x MIDI OUT
- 16 MIDI channels to/from computer host
- Headphone: 1 x 1/4" TRS stereo phone (assignable)
- Phantom power: 2 x individual +48V
- Network: I/O 1 x RJ45 AVB/TSN Ethernet (100 Mbps)
- AVB streams (8 channels per stream):
- 3 in / 3 out @ 44.1 or 48 kHz
- 2 in / 2 out @ 88.2 or 96 kHz
- 1 in / 1 out @ 176.4 or 192 kHz
- Front panel:
- 1 x 1/4" TRS headphone output
- 2 x TRS hi-Z guitar input
- 1 x digital rotary encoders • main/phone volume
- 2 x digital rotary encoders • guitar input gain/power
- 2 x digital rotary encoders • mic preamp gain
- 4 x switches • (2) Pad and (2) 48V Phantom switch
- 128 x 48 pixel LCD for level meters / menu nav
- External 12-18V DC power supply
- 1.0A max • tip pos or neg
- Dimensions and weight:
- (width x depth x height, enclosure only)
- 8.6 x 7 x 1.75 inches
- 22 x 17.75 x 4.5 cm
- 2.5 lbs. / 1.13 kg