For warm yet transparent recordings, look no further than the MXL Revelation variable pattern tube condenser microphone. Its multi-pattern design and flat response make it invaluable in the studio.
The MXL Revelation features a hand-selected EF86 tube that will capture rich harmonics and imbue a warm character in your recordings. The gold-sputtered, 6-micron diaphragm reduces reflections for a flat frequency response, making this tube condenser the perfect choice for a wide array of uses in the studio. Its delicate yet accurate voice is ideal for use on vocals; while the full-range response of the MXL Revelation is also well utilized in front of a rocking drum kit.
The custom body is designed to minimize resonances, and its dark violet and chrome metal finish looks every bit as premium as it sounds. The MXL Revelation is built with professional grade electronics to an extremely high standard, resulting in the vintage tone of a quality tube microphone, enhanced with added clarity. Whether intended to capture intimate vocal performances or the ambience of a room, the versatility of the MXL Revelation will make it a valuable addition to your set-up.Versatile and accurate
Twist the variable pattern dial to change the polar-pattern from figure-8, to omnidirectional, to cardioid, and everything in between. This flexibility –– combined with its rich voice –– makes the MXL Revelation an ideal choice for so many recording situations. It sounds great on everything from vocals to percussion; brass to violin; acoustic to electric. Adjust the polar-pattern to perfectly capture the subject of your recording while retaining the natural sound of the environment. Eliminate unwanted low frequencies using the built-in filter, and protect the diaphragm from high intensity sounds using the -10dB attenuation pad.Premium quality electronics
The internals of the MXL Revelation are wired with Mogami to provide unmatched accuracy and extremely low noise. Mogami cabling is used in nearly all professional recording facilities and offers superior quality electronics. The Russian EF86 tube is hand-selected to ensure it offers the rich tone that made it famous, giving your recordings that desirably vintage sound.Everything you need
The MXL Revelation tube condenser microphone comes with everything you might need to capture the perfect recordings. The compact power supply matches the dark violet finish of the microphone and features the variable dial for almost unlimited polar-pattern selections. The high-pass filter is set to 125Hz allowing you to counteract the proximity effect and eliminate unwanted vocal pops. The 15ft 7-pin cables are provided by Mogami for reliably low-noise wiring, while the metal and elastic shock mount provides a secure fitment for the microphone to sit in. Keep your MXL Revelation sparkling with the cleaning cloth, and protect it in the aluminum case when not in use.
With its vintage tone, and variable polar-patterns, the MXL Revelation is a must-have microphone for anyone looking to make professional recordings.
- MXL's flagship all-purpose mic—superior quality and detail
- Variable control that lets you blend pickup patterns
- EF86 pentode tube that brings out a warm vintage sound
- Flat response that gives pure, natural recordings
- Mogami cable and wiring for exceptional audio fidelity
- Type: variable pattern tube condenser microphone
- Diaphragm: dual gold-sputtered, 6 micron diaphragm
- Tube type: EF86
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Polar pattern: continuously variable
- Sensitivity: -40 dB re 1 V/Pa
- Output impedance: 140 ohms
- Attenuation switch: 0 dB, -10 dB
- High pass filter: 12 dB/octave @ 125Hz
- Equivalent noise: -18 dB (A-weighted IEC 651)
- S/N ratio: 76 dB
- Max SPL for .5% THD: 138 dB SPL
- Power requirements: Revelation power supply unit 110/220 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions: 7 1/2" X 2 1/2" / 190mm x 63.5mm (mic only)
- Weight: 2 lbs. / 907g (mic only)
- Metal finish: dark violet and chrome