Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2
True Piano feel, total integrationKomplete Kontrol S88 combines the best-feeling hammer-action keybed around with vivid visual feedback and tight integration for your entire workflow: Browse and preview all your presets from Komplete and hundreds of NKS plug-ins, sculpt your sound, and control your favorite DAW from the ultimate studio centerpiece.
More VisualTwo high-res color screens make it easy to browse and preview sounds, tweak controls, and mix and edit your projects – right from the hardware.
Mroe IntuitiveGet hands-on with your production process, thanks to an improved layout with more dedicated function buttons and a new four-directional push encoder.
More ExpressiveKomplete Kontrol S88 now sports ergonomic pitch and mod wheels, plus a touch strip for expanded creative possibilities.
More IntegratedMix, edit, and more in Maschine, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, Cubase, Nuendo, and GarageBand.
Refined piano feelA keyboard that feels better plays better. Express yourself on 88 fully weighted Fatar keys, each with an advanced hammer-action mechanism, Smart Spring technology, and memory-foam damping for a realistic piano feel.
See what you need, where you need itThe S88 puts everything you need to know right in your line of sight: Get essential information on sounds and projects from two high-res color screens; see exactly what’s going on with backlit buttons that vary in color and intensity; and pinpoint the location of sounds, key zones, switches, scales, and more with Light Guide.
Find your sounds fasterFinding the right sound amongst a sprawling sound library can be difficult, not to mention time consuming. Now you can find exactly what you’re looking for across all Komplete and Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) instruments using a simple, intuitive tagging system – directly from the hardware. What’s more, you can hear a preview of each sound as you browse, without loading the instrument.
Your soundtrack needs epic strings? Select Bowed Strings > String Ensemble > Sample-based, scroll through the presets and pick the best fit. And if you really like what you hear, just tag it as a favorite for instant access next time.
Pre-Mapped and ready to playAll of your Komplete and NKS instruments and effects are pre-mapped to the Komplete Kontrol hardware by the people who know them best – the instrument designers themselves. Essential parameters like envelope controls and filter cutoffs load instantly and are displayed across the two color displays, intuitively divided into pages. That means you can see exactly what you’re adjusting in real time – whether it’s in kHz, dB, or BPM.
Smart play featuresStay in key, with notes of the currently selected scale or mode lit on the Light Guide. Activate chord mode to create a progression by playing single keys, then switch on the arpeggiator and turn it into an expressive musical performance. And for keyboard novices, Easy Mode maps the white keys to whichever scale you like, so you’ll never hit a wrong note.
Pitch, MOD, and MoreGet precise control of pitch and mod functions via two ergonomic, rubberized wheels. And the ultra-sensitive touch strip provides a fun, responsive alternative to plugging in a dedicated expression pedal.
Get hands-on with your workflowCapture all your ideas, directly from the keyboard itself: Komplete Kontrol gives you immediate access to transport, mixing, and editing controls in Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, Cubase, Nuendo, and GarageBand, complete with visual feedback and volume metering on the keyboard’s built-in displays. And withMIDI in / out, incorporating outboard gear into your setup is just as simple.
Integration for all your instruments and effectsNKS means intuitive control over hundreds of instruments and effects from leading manufacturers – including Heavyocity, Spitfire Audio and Waves. This extended plug-in format allows all developers to define the way their products integrate with NI hardware, so support for powerful features like tag-based browsing, Light Guide feedback, and pre-mapped controls now extends far beyond the Komplete universe. And for plug-ins that haven’t yet been updated to NKS, it’s simple to create your own mappings from Komplete Kontrol software.
- 88-key hammer-action Fatar keybed with true piano feel
- Intuitive integration with all your virtual instruments and effects
- Two high-res color screens and Light Guide for at-a-glance visual feedback
- Comes with Komplete 12 Select: 14 premium instruments and effects, including the Gentleman, Massive, and Monark
- Smart keyboard controller for all your virtual instruments
- Fully weighted, pro-grade Fatar keybed with hammer action and aftertouch, 88 keys
- Ergonomic pitch and mod wheels, plus touch strip for expression control
- Pre-mapped control of Komplete Instruments and Effects, as well as hundreds of Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) plug-ins from leading manufacturers
- Full VSTi support
- Tag-based preset browsing: Find sounds quickly and hear instant previews
- Two high-res color screens for browsing, tweaking, mixing, and more
- Light Guide: RGB lights above each key highlight drum cells, key switches, chords, scales, and more
- Smart Play: See scales and modes on the Light Guide, play chord progressions and arpeggios with single keys, or map any scale to white keys only
- Deep integration with included Maschine Essentials and full Maschine software
- Intuitive control over Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, GarageBand, Cubase, and Nuendo
- 4-directional push encoder for one-handed sound browsing and project navigation
- Two assignable pedal inputs
MIDI in / out
- Includes Komplete 12 Select – 14 premium instruments and effects, including Massive, Monark, and the Gentleman.
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 (latest update), Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM
- Windows 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 4 GB RAM
- An Internet connection and a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher are required to download and activate this product. Once installed and activated, the product can be used offline.
- 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large Kontakt Instruments)
- USB 2.0 or higher (cable included)
- macOS (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Windows (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AAX
- The included Komplete Kontrol software provides unparalleled integration with Komplete and NKS Instruments and effects.
- Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards also function as MIDI controllers with assignable controls and Light Guide features.*
- MIDI in / out
- 1/4" TRS connections for expression and sustain pedals
- Logic X 10.3.1 or higher
- GarageBand 10.2.0 or higher
- Ableton Live 9.2.3 or higher
- Cubase Artist / Pro 8.5 or higher
- Nuendo 7.1.35 or higher
- Keyboard, USB cable, power supply.
- Komplete Kontrol software, Maschine Essentials, and Komplete 12 Select Instruments and Effects collection – provided as downloads after hardware registration.
- Driver (only required on Windows), Setup Guide and documentation supplied as downloads.
Available plug-in formats