Novation 49-SL-MKIII 49 Key USB Midi Keyboard
SL MkIII is far from your typical keyboard controller. It’s an all-sequencing, all-dancing hub for all of your music making tools. A centrepiece to connect, control and create with your entire setup. Computer or not.
Create quickly and easily with your hardware. Build your tracks In the eight-track polyphonic sequencer: everything In time; everything In key; every control at your fingertips. In 49 key version, also available 61 key.
Total controlGet to work with your favourite hardware with all the benefits of a DAW at your fingertips; no need to look at a computer screen. Pull your DAW out of the box and combine with your hardware synths - connecting everything through SL MkIII. Then easily control everything with highly customisable mappings for your hardware and software. Or create your own In the software editor.
Internal eight-track pattern-based sequencerInput notes step-by-step, or record as you go; you can play and edit your sequences directly from the keyboard. Then record parameter automation straight onto the sequencer, bringing your productions to life. You can choose an arp type, set a sync rate, tweak note and pattern lengths, and use the pads to design your rhythms In real time.
It's the feelSL MkIII boasts their finest and most playable synth-style semi-weighted keybed, with a sprung action tuned to the needs of the experienced player. It’s got aftertouch too, assignable to anything. Its exceptionally high scan rate of 10 kHz gives the keys a super dynamic feel for expressive performances. And you can see scales, modes and zones instantly with vibrant on-key RGB LED feedback.
SL MkIII's velocity-sensitive RGB pads have multiple functions too: they can be used for launching clips, as steps In the sequencer, for finger drumming, and have polyphonic aftertouch.
Keys for LiveThey've worked with Ableton® to create an unprecedented integration with Live™. SL MkIII truly pulls your sessions out of the box. The full colour LCD screens give you full visibility of your parameters, while the pads, buttons, eight faders and eight knobs get you hands-on with your music - and In any major music software, using InControl.
Keys to the DAWsDeep integrations with Logic® and Reason – plus HUI compatibility with Cubase, Pro Tools®, Studio One and Reaper – mean SL MkIII can open up any DAW.
Helping you find your new soundMusic making is all about the journey, and they’re always looking for new ways to inspire you along the way. That’s why they’ve created the Sound Collective. Receive free versions of the most innovative software instruments and creative FX from developers they admire, as well as discounts to help you make the most of third-party software, exclusive to Novation customers. All you have to do is register your Novation gear, and one offer will be featured In your Novation account every couple of months.
Internal eight-track pattern-based sequencer: Use the sequencer to easily record notes as you pay them, or input step-by-step. Play and edit your sequences directly from the keyboard. Record your movements as automation into the sequencer, bringing life to your production.
Comprehensive connectivity: USB; MIDI In, Out, Out 2/Thru; sustain, expression and footswitch inputs; Analogue Clock Out; and two sets of CV Pitch, Gate, and Mod outputs can be used to route anything anywhere.
Arpeggiator: Choose an arp type, set a sync rate, tweak the length, and then use the pads to design your rhythms In real time.
Scales, modes and zones: Work with scales and keys and set up multiple zones and layers on the keyboard.
Keys for the player: The SL MkIII boasts their finest, most playable and expressive synth-style semi-weighted keybed, with a sprung action and their highest scan rate, all tuned to the needs of the experienced player. It’s got aftertouch too, assignable to anything.
Customisable templates: Highly customisable mappings for hardware and software easily control everything. Or create your own templates In the software editor, and save them to the keyboard.
The perfect controller for Live™: They worked with Ableton® to create an absolutely stunning keyboard controller for their Live™ music-making software. The five colour LCD screens give you full parameter feedback, enabling you to see everything you are controlling.
Control all major music software: Your choice of music software is crucial to your creativity. SL MkIII's pads, buttons, eight faders and eight knobs take control of all major music software using InControl or any HUI-compatible DAW.
Components: Components allows you to backup and restore your templates and sessions In the cloud, enabling access from anywhere In the world. All content can also be saved locally.
Backlit Pitch and Modulation wheels: Pitch and Modulation wheels have RGB LEDs that change colour to show what track you're working on.
One routable clock for the whole system: Whether you're In the box or outside the box, the MIDI and analogue clock and transport controls keep everything running In time.
Selectable Velocity Curves: Choose from a comprehensive selection of Velocity Curves to suit your playing style.
- 49 note velocity sensitive, individually sprung, synth style, semi-weighted keyboard
- 16 full-colour RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 2 Page and 2 scene launch buttons
- 8 continuous rotary knobs
- 8 sliders
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- RGB backlit pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- 2 Track buttons
- 5x RGB TFT LCD screens
- 59 Backlit buttons with tact switches
- 49 or 61 keybed RGB LEDs
- 16 Assignable buttons x 2 pages (32 assignable buttons)
- Assignable grid x 2 pages | (32 assignable pads)
- Backlit RGB Mode switching buttons including InControl
Rear Panel & Connectors
- Power switch
- DC power socket
- USB socket
- MIDI In, Out, Out2 / THRU - 3x 5-pin DIN sockets
- Sustain and Expression pedal 1/4" TRS jack inputs
- Footswitch pedal 1/4" TS jack input
- CV, Gate, Modulation -1- on 3.5mm jack sockets
- CV, Gate, Modulation -2- on 3.5mm jack sockets
- Clock out
- Kensington security slot
- 64 Sessions
- 8 Tracks per session
- 8 Patterns per track (16 steps per Pattern for a total of 128 steps per track)
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 6 events per step
- All assignable controls can be automated (8 maximum automation lanes)
- Internal tempo range 40 - 240
- Swing 20 - 80%
Real Time Performance
- 16 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Split the keys into 8 playable zones
- Pattern expand view - flip the grid
- Pattern start and end, direction incl. random
- Configurable pattern chain
- Session instant switching and queued switch
- Velocity and gate per step
- Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern
- Ableton Live Lite included
- 4 GB of Loopmasters sounds and s