Ortofon Super OM 10 OM Single HiFi Elliptical Stylus Listening Cartridge
The Super OM cartridges have been designed on the basis of their OM lightweight system with three major improvements:
- By means of computer simulations it has been possible to define the natural pivot point of the system with unprecedented accuracy while achieving an optimum oscillation balance. The result: improved linearity, higher channel separation and reduced distortion.
- Additionally, a new technique was developed and applied: slit less than 1 mm dia. hollow pole pins, thus significantly reducing eddy current losses caused by magnetic hysteresis. This sophisticated technology extends the frequency range and improves phase linearity.
- Thirdly OM Super cartridge body is manufactured from a Noryl (plastic & glass compound) which ensures high rigidity, and freedom from resonances.
All Super OM models have the same body, construction and magnetic circurity. The only difference is the interchangeable stylus unit.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: > 4 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: < 1,5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: > 22 dB
- Frequency response:20-20,000Hz +3/-1 dB
- Frequency range: 20-24,000Hz
- Tracking ability (315Hz, lateral):> 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic (lateral): 25 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range: 1,25-1,75 g
- Recommended tracking force: 1,5 g
- Tracking angle (vertical): 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1 kOhm
- Internal inductance: 580 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 200 - 500 pF
- Cartridge weight including weight plate: 5 g
- Cartridge weight without weight plate: 2,5 g