Peavey PVX-10 10-Inch 2-Way 400w Passive Speaker
The PVX™10 is a two-way sound reinforcement system based on a heavy-duty 10" woofer and a RX™10N titanium diaphragm dynamic compression driver mounted on a 100 by 60 degree coverage Quadratic Throat Waveguide™. Its sleek modern appearance coupled with excellent performance offer an outstanding package.
The lightweight yet rugged injection-molded plastic enclosure with molded-in stand mount cup facilitates portable use for live music or PA sound. The trapezoidal cabinet has two handles for ease of portability, and an extra 45-degree angled section on the right side to allow use as a floor monitor. Four sets of flying/mounting points, two on the top, two on the bottom, and a pull-back point on the rear, with a total of 13 cabinet inserts, provide for the ultimate in installation flexibility. A black powder coated perforated steel grille provides driver protection and a professional appearance.
The heavy-duty 10" woofer has a 2 3/8" voice coil diameter, and a 50 oz. magnet for 200 watts continuous worth of thumping bass. The RX 10N compression driver tweeter is coupled to a Quadratic Throat constant directivity waveguide, covered under US patent #6,059,069 with smooth, even response, low distortion and good high frequency dispersion. This horn has an asymmetrical vertical polar response, aiming the main energy lobe down 10°, so it is aimed at the audience, instead of over their heads. This helps reduce ceiling reflections for greater clarity and gain before feedback.
The PVX™10 speaker system is rated at 400W program power handling, and the full crossover network includes high voltage film capacitors, high current inductors, and high frequency driver protection for clear punchy sound, and excellent long-term reliability. A 4-pin twist-lock connector and a ¼" phone jack input make hook-up a breeze.
The cabinet of the PVX™10 speaker system has multiple mounting fly points, providing outstanding versatility in permanent install use. A widely spaced pair of M8 inserts molded-in on the top and the bottom for use with eyebolts, and a set of four M8 inserts is available on the top and on the bottom, those in the pattern used for the Peavey VM70 mounting bracket. A pull back point is provided on the rear near the bottom.
This is a total of 13 mounting inserts in all. All of these inserts have large retaining hardware on the inside of the plastic cabinet, providing a more reliable and safe mode of mounting the cabinet
- Two-way sound reinforcement enclosure
- Crossover network for driver protection and EQ
- High frequency driver protection
- Durable plastic injection-molded trapezoidal enclosure
- Asymmetrical horn aims the sound down 10 degrees, at the audience, not over their heads
- Full-coverage heavy-duty perforated steel grilles, with powder coat finish
- Pole mount molded-In
- Top and bottom flying point inserts
- Patented Quadratic Throat Waveguide™ technology, 100 by 60 degree coverage
- 400W program/800W peak power handling
- RX™ 10N compression driver, with 1.0 inch titanium diaphragm
- 10" heavy-duty woofer with 2 3/8" voice coil & 50 oz. magnet
- Extra angled section on right side allows floor monitor use
- Weight Unpacked: 24.91 lb(11.3 kg)
- Weight Packed: 32.19 lb(14.6 kg)
- Width Packed: 16.142"(41.00068 cm)
- Height Packed: 22.44"(56.9976 cm)
- Depth Packed: 14.174"(36.00196 cm)
- (Axis of the vertical main polar lobe is angled down 10°, resulting in the angular pattern with respect to straight ahead being +20, -40°)
- Transducer Complement:
- Heavy-duty 10" woofer with 2 3/8" voice coil & 50 oz. magnet
- RX™ 10N 1.0" titanium diaphragm dynamic compression driver
- Box Tuning Frequency: 67 Hz
- Crossover Frequency (internal passive): 3.0 kHz
- Impedance (Z):
- Nominal: 8.0 ?
- Minimum: 7.0 ?
- Input Connections: One four-pin twist-lockconnector paralleled with 1/4"phone jack
- Enclosure Materials & Finish:Black ABS plastic with texturedsurface, black powder-coated perforated grille.
- Mounting provisions:
- Four sets of flying/mountingpoints, two sets on the top, andtwo sets on the bottom, with a total of 13 cabinet inserts
- Four rubber feet provide vibration free floor or stage use, and a molded-in stand mounting cup is on the bottom.
- Frequency Range, 1 meter on-axis, swept-sine in half space environment: 52 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response, 1 meter on-axis, swept-sine in anechoic environment: 74 Hz to 18 kHz (±3 dB)
- Usable Low Frequency limit (-10dB point anechoic): 57 Hz
- Power Handling: Power Rating (program): 400W
- Peak Power Capacity (peak): 800W
- Sound Pressure Level, 1 Watt, 1 meter in anechoic environment: 93 dB SPL, (2.83V input)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (1 meter): 116 dB SPL continuous 122 dB SPL peak
- Radiation Angle measured at -6dB point of polar response: Nominal: 100° horizontal X 60° vertical
- Dimensions (H x W x D): Front:
- 20.0 in. x 12.69 in. x 11.06 in.
- 508 mm x 322 mm x 281 mm
- Net Weight: 25 Lbs. (11.3 kg)