MEP-7000 Professional Multi-Entertainment Player
The MEP-7000 is perfect for the mobile DJ who doesn't have much space to work in and wants access to a wide variety of media. Offering the same basic functions and operations as the CDJ series, the MEP-7000 reads CD/CD-ROM/DVD-ROM as well as USB media. It is a compact, easy-to-transport Professional Multi-Entertainment Player inheriting the basic functions and operability of the popular Pioneer CDJ- series turntables. In addition to playback of conventional music from CD/CD-ROM/DVD-ROM discs, the MEP-7000 enable users to play MP3/AAC files stored on various memory media formats. The dual-player is extremely convenient for DJs performing in an environment where space dedicated for the jock is limited and flexible media playback is a must, such as a café or bar where various parties or events are held. The system also enables DJs to easily create and set up pre-programmed play lists for "gigs" at such times as a dinner hour set or a break.
- Flexible Audio Format Playback - As well as playback of traditional audio compact discs, the MEP-7000 supports MP3*1/AAC/WAV*2/AIFF*2 stored in a USB memory devices, hard disc drive (HDD) and CD-R/RW and DVD±R/RW allowing for easy playback of existing music libraries and new digital downloads.
- 4.3-Inch Color LCD & Intelligent Graphical User Interface - In addition to the high-resolution 4.3-inch color LCD panel, an intelligent graphic user interface and rotary selector enables rapid track search through large collections of digital audio files. A play list function also speeds the track selection process for recalling frequently played songs.
- Control Functions for Pioneer’s DJ software (DJS*3) and Other PC Applications - The MEP-7000 includes Pioneer’s DJS all-in-one DJ software application for playback from a Windows based computer (PC not included). When the system is connected to the DJS, no mouse or keyboard is required for navigation and DJ performance. The MEP-7000 also supports control of other software, such as SERATO Scratch LIVE*4, without the need of the control discs. It can also act as a full MIDI controller for any MIDI-compatible PC application.
- Scratch Jog Effect and Digital Jog Break enhance DJ performance - In addition to traditional scratching, the MEP-7000 also features two patterns of Scratch Jog Effects – BUBBLE5 and TRANS5. Three patterns of Digital Jog Break effects freely control the audio effects according to the rotation of the jog dial – JET*6 / ROLL*6 / WAH*6 broadening the scope of any DJ performance.
- Auto Mix Function - An auto mix function automatically mixes playback of the tracks registered on the play list in four modes such as ECHO or ZIP. Audio is seamlessly beat matched and mixed on the fly.
- Industry’s First*7 Area-Color Organic Electroluminescence (OEL) Display - Two high-visibility Area-Color OEL displays provide outstanding visibility for the pitch, playback time and position information. Together with its main 4.3-inch color LCD, the OEL display ensures smooth DJ play regardless of lighting conditions.
- Other Functions:
- Karaoke Mode: Full support for CD+G playback for karaoke performance.
- Library Function: Allows selection of tracks from various categories like genre, artist, etc.
- Tempo Control Range: The user can choose among four pitch ranges available for the tempo slider: ±6%, ±10%, ±16%, and WIDE.*8
- Pitch Bend Button: Enables fine adjustment of the track speed by simply pressing a button.
- Seamless Loop: Repeats looped audio without interruption. A loop can be set from as small as one frame up to an entire CD’s length.
- Hot Loop: Restarts the loop seamlessly from its entry without interruption of the music.
- Memory Cue/Loop: Allows the user to store any CUE/LOOP point to the playe