PreSonus AIR15s 15-Inch Powered Subwoofer
Powerful, Clear, Accurate Low EndDesigned to complement any full-range PA loudspeaker and a perfect companion for the PreSonus® AIR10, AIR12, and AIR15, the AIR15s subwoofer delivers a powerful, clear, and accurate low-end punch. With its 15-inch low-frequency transducer, driven by 1,200 watts (dynamic) of Class D power, it provides plenty of detailed bottom end—all the way down to 35 Hz. Yet it is portable and well suited for mobile applications, as well as installed systems.
Extensive Controls Enable Customized PerformanceSince each venue has unique acoustics and each application makes different demands on a sound system, PreSonus has equipped AIR-series subwoofers with easy-to-use controls and signal-processing presets. Set your subwoofers for normal front-of-house use or get an even bigger low-end with the Mo’ Bass preset. Set them to perform in an array. Reverse polarity, use the lowpass filter to set a crossover frequency, adjust the master output level of the power amplifier, even turn the grille LED off for install applications or set it to illuminate only when the protection limiter is engaged—all at the touch of a button.
Equally At Home In Mobile And Installed SystemsAlthough it has a rugged, tour-grade birch enclosure, the PreSonus AIR15s is much more compact and lightweight than you’d expect from a subwoofer that can deliver this much power. With integrated provisions for the included castor kit, ground-stacking provisions, and ergonomic handles on both sides, it’s easy to transport for mobile applications, while offering the features and performance needed for demanding installs. The AIR15s sports two combo XLR and 1/4" TRS line-level inputs with level control, and throughputs are provided to connect full-range systems or multiple subwoofers in larger systems. You can even defeat the front power-indicator LED for low-visibility installs.
Plays Well With OthersAlthough PreSonus recommends AIR-series full-range loudspeakers, AIR15s subwoofers can be used with virtually any full-range loudspeaker. Whatever full-range speaker you choose, aligning the subwoofer to its full-range companion will yield tighter bass response. AIR15s subwoofers make it easy, with a variable alignment delay that properly aligns your three-way system, whether the full-range loudspeaker is placed atop the subwoofer, using the sub pole, or is placed a few feet away. AIR-series subwoofers also are equipped with a variable lowpass filter that allows you to dial in the best crossover point for your system. Optimized settings are provided for the AIR10, AIR12, and AIR15 full-range loudspeakers.
Easily Create Subwoofer ArraysMost subwoofers are essentially omnidirectional, radiating sound around the entire cabinet, which can cause feedback onstage and make monitoring more difficult. Creating a subwoofer array helps keep excess energy off of the stage and in the audience where it is needed. AIR-series subwoofers provide the tools you need to create these arrays with ease.
Now Hear ThisWith flexible connectivity; a rugged, tour-grade enclosure; and plenty of Class D power, the AIR15s delivers the versatility and punch needed for permanent installs. Yet it’s relatively lightweight and portable, making it an excellent choice for mobile use. Although designed to complement AIR-series full-range loudspeakers, the AIR15s is also an excellent companion for third-party loudspeakers. Most important, it sounds great, delivering outstanding low-end clarity and natural music reproduction. Hear AIR-series loudspeakers for yourself at your favorite PreSonus dealer.
Six Years Of Trouble-Free Performance. Guaranteed.When you choose ULT or AIR loudspeakers, you choose confidence. Rest assured that your new PreSonus speakers are in it for the long haul. They take their build quality seriously, and if anything goes wrong with them in your first six years of ownership (assuming you don't throw them in a swamp or anything like that) the repair or replacement is on PreSonus.
- 1,200W (dynamic) Class D power amp
- 15-inch woofer with a 3-inch voice coil
- Frequency Response: 35 to 160 Hz
- Max SPL: 126 dB
- 2x combo XLR-1/4" line inputs and two XLR direct outputs
- Easy-to-use DSP performance presets
- Normal—typical FOH use
- Mo’ Bass—extended low-end performance
- Locate—adjusts performance for arrayed and non-arrayed applications
- Normal – non-arrayed applications
- Cardioid—create a ground-stacked cardioid subwoofer array (using two of the same model subwoofer)
- Endfire – create an endfire cardioid subwoofer array (using two of the same model subwoofer)
- Fully variable lowpass filter (sets the upper frequency limit/crossover point) LP filter presets for use with AIR15, AIR12, and AIR10
- LP filter presets for use with AIR15, AIR12, and AIR10
- Alignment delay—adds delay time relative to full-range speaker
- Polarity—invert the polarity of the summed input signal
- 2x comfortable ergonomic side handles
- Ground stack provisions
- Castor provisions (castor kit included)
- Defeatable front-panel LED
- Rugged, texture-painted, birch enclosure
- Tour-grade, 17 gauge steel grille
- Configuration: Active vented design
- Frequency Range (-3 dB): 35 Hz to 160 Hz
- Maximum Output: 126 dB SPL
- LF Driver: 15" (3" voice coil)
- Amplifier Type: Class D
- Total System Power: 1,200W dynamic (600W continuous)
- Inputs: 2 x XLR/TRS line combo
- Outputs: 2 x XLR Link Out
- DSP Features: LCD screen with EQand multiple presets
- Power Input: 115V / 230V ~50/60 switchable
- Maximum Current: 3.5A (230V-50 Hz), 7A (120V)
- Cabinet: 15 mm plywood
- Grille: 1.5 mm steel
- Handles: 2 side
- Mounting: Groundstack provisions
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 24" x 16.7" x 23.9" (612 mm x 425 mm x 606 mm)
- Weight: 70.5 lbs. (32 kg)