PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 USB Digital Mixer
When you’re mixing a live event or have an artist in the studio, you need to be able to work quickly. The StudioLive® 16.0.2 USB’s familiar, easy-to-use interface keeps all critical controls visible and accessible —not buried in menus or layers. Our design philosophy is simple: One fader for every mono or stereo channel; one output for every bus. Add to that easily accessed, color-coded function buttons; rotary trim controls; and clearly labeled, individual knobs for EQ and dynamics processing. Aux sends have their own physical controls. Every channel has a big, bright meter display. But don’t let the analog feel fool you: The StudioLive 16.0.2 USB offers the power of modern digital mixing, multitrack recording, wireless remote control, and more.
In a footprint of less than 2 square feet (0.19 square meters), the compact, 16-channel StudioLive 16.0.2 USB offers 8 mono input channels, 4 stereo channels, and 4 aux buses, each with a high-quality, 60 mm fader. You get generous analog I/O, 12 XMAX Class A solid-state mic preamps, a Talkback input with Class A mic preamp, extensive signal processing with physical controls, MIDI control, accurate metering, and a built-in multichannel recording interface. As with all StudioLive mixers, the 16.0.2 USB comes with a suite of tightly integrated recording, control, and audio analysis software. And it’s so lightweight and compact that you can easily hold it in one hand and tuck it under your arm.
StudioLive 16.0.2 USB mixers provide plenty of DSP power, with no limitations, no shared resources, no figuring out what processing is available where. You have all of the processing available at all times, with no compromises or caveats. The unique Fat Channel provides a compressor, limiter, expander, and 3-band semi-parametric EQ on every channel and bus; a highpass filter on each channel; phase reverse for the channel mic preamps; a library of professionally crafted presets; and the ability to save and selectively recall processor settings. A stereo, 31-band graphic EQ sits on the main bus. To top it off, you get two 32-bit delay/reverb effects processors, each with its own dedicated mix bus and a library of useful effects presets.
Connect a StudioLive 16.0.2 USB mixer and you’ll instantly hear details and clarity you’d expect to find only in a much more expensive console. StudioLive mixers operate at up to 48 kHz for high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality Burr-Brown converters on every input and output provide a best-in-class 118 dB of dynamic range so you’ll catch every high and low with great accuracy and no audible distortion. And our XMAX microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound.
The StudioLive 16.0.2 USB’s built-in 18x16 multitrack recording interface is tightly integrated with the rest of the mixer—not an afterthought we tacked on. All 16 channels and the main mix continuously stream to your USB-connected Mac or Windows PC. Each channel can independently access its analog input or its dedicated digital return from your computer. And with StudioLive mixers, recording is simple and easy: Just launch the included, preconfigured Capture™ software for one-click recording of all channel inputs and your main mix. Or record with the included Studio One Artist DAW—or any recording software that supports ASIO or Core Audio. Now you can record in the studio or at the gig with equal ease.
Like all PreSonus StudioLive mixers, the StudioLive 16.0.2 USB is tightly integrated with an entire suite of state-of-the-art software. Mix wirelessly or over a wired network from anywhere using UC Surface touch-control software for Mac, Windows, Android™, and iPad®. Control individual monitor mixes onstage with QMix®-UC for iPhone®/iPod® touch and Android™. Automate virtual soundchecks and record shows with Capture™ for Mac and Windows. Edit, sweeten, and digitally release your recordings with Studio One Artist. StudioLive 16.0.2 USB mixers and software work together to form a cohesive ecosystem that helps you achieve your creative vision.
Take a look at back panel of a StudioLive 16.0.2 USB mixer, and you’ll find the robust connections you’d expect from an analog mixer: balanced mic inputs on each of the 8 mono channels; 8 balanced ¼-inch line inputs; 4 unbalanced RCA line inputs; and dedicated balanced outputs for each of the 4 aux buses and the main stereo bus. Every input channel and bus send has its own dedicated jack—no sharing, no compromises—so you always know what’s flowing from each output.
Being able to control the StudioLive 16.0.2 USB from an iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, or Android device is cool—unless your hands are busy playing your instrument. That’s why the StudioLive 16.0.2 USB offers MIDI In and Out. Use a MIDI footpedal or DAW to recall scenes using MIDI Program Changes, control the main output volume and effects level, mute effects between songs, switch from lots of reverb to a little bit of delay, and change the mix for a solo. You can even automate these features with a DAW! It’s a great way to make your performances more exciting and varied, even if you don’t have a separate soundperson.
- 8 mono mic/line channel inputs, each with:
- High-headroom Class A XMAX mic preamplifier
- XLR mic and balanced ¼-inch line inputs
- 60 mm precision fader
- 4 stereo line channel inputs, with:
- High-headroom Class A XMAX mic preamplifier (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15)
- XLR mic inputs (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15)
- Balanced ¼-inch line inputs (Ch. 9-16)
- Unbalanced RCA line inputs (Ch. 13-16)
- 60 mm precision fader (4 stereo)
- 4 Auxiliary buses (pre/post-fader send)
- 2 Internal FX buses
- 2 stereo 32-bit digital effects processors with customizable reverb and delay presets
- Fat Channel signal processing on all channels and buses, with:
- 3-band semi-parametric EQ (individual band on/off)
- Full-featured compressor
- Standard downward expander
- Phase reverse (12 mic preamplifiers only)
- Pan with dedicated 15-LED display
- Stereo link for input channels and aux buses
- Highpass filter
- One 31-band stereo graphic EQ (on main outputs only)
- 18-in/16-out USB recording interface (24-bit/44.1 kHz and 48 kHz)
- Compatible with most audio software via ASIO, Windows Audio, Core Audio
- Scene store and recall
- Settings can be copied among channels and buses and saved as user presets.
- Software bundle includes:
- PreSonus® Studio One® Artist digital audio workstation for Mac® and Windows ®
- PreSonus Capture™ live-recording software for Mac and Windows
- PreSonus UC Surface mixer-control software for Mac, Windows, Android™, and iPad®
- Free downloadable PreSonus QMix®-UC software for iPhone®/iPod touch® and Android™ provides wireless remote control of aux mixes
- Lockout mode protects your settings from meddlers and accidents
- MIDI Control Mode provides control over:
- Scene and FX Preset recall
- Main Volume, FXA, and FXB output levels
- FXA and FXB assign/unassign to Mains
- Microphone Preamp
- TypeXLR Female, Balanced
- Frequency Response to Direct Output (at unity gain)20 Hz-20 kHz, 0 / -0.5 dBu
- Frequency Response to Main Output (at unity gain)20 Hz-20 kHz, ±0.5 dBu
- Input Impedance (Balanced)1 k?
- THD to Direct Output (1 kHz at unity gain)<0.005%, +4 dBu, 20 Hz–20 kHz, unity gain, unwtd
- THD to Main Output (1 kHz at unity gain)0.005%, +4 dBu, 20 Hz-20 kHz, unity gain, unwtd
- EIN to Direct