PreSonus StudioLive AR22 USB 22-Channel Analog / Digital Mixer
StudioLive® AR22 USB 22-channel hybrid mixers make it simple to mix and record live shows, studio productions, band rehearsals, podcasts, and much more. This is a musician’s mixer: lightweight, versatile, feature-rich, and packed with analog connections and digital tools, yet easy to learn and use. Mix with 16 of PreSonus®’ famous Class A preamps and three-band EQ. Create multitrack recordings and fly in backing tracks with a 24-bit, 96 kHz, USB 2.0 digital audio interface. Record and playback in stereo with the integrated SD digital recorder. Stream program music wirelessly, using onboard Bluetooth™. Compact and road-ready, StudioLive AR mixers provide a superior all-in-one solution for mixing and recording your performances.
StudioLive AR22 USB mixers are packed with the connections and controls needed to mix and record live, in the studio, and in rehearsal. Each of the 12 mono channels and four stereo channels includes a 60 mm fader for level control; a mic input with one of PreSonus’ prized Class A preamps; 3-band EQ; and more. Besides the main outputs, you get two monitor mix outputs, each with a dedicated bus, for feeding stage wedges, a headphone amp, or an in-ear system. You also get control-room outputs with level control to feed your studio or front-of-house monitors.
Most mixers make you route acoustic and electric guitars and basses through external direct boxes before connecting to a mixer input. But with StudioLive AR mixers, Channels 1 and 2 have high-impedance instrument inputs, so you can plug a guitar or electric bass straight into the board—no direct box needed.
Our unique Super Channel (stereo Channel 21/22) allows you to connect four stereo analog and digital sources at once, enabling you to use the mixer with your high-tech devices. Plug a media player into the Super Channel’s unbalanced RCA and 1/8-inch stereo inputs, play stereo audio from the onboard SD recorder or from your USB-connected Mac® or Windows® PC. Use onboard Bluetooth 4.1 to pair your phone to your StudioLive AR mixer and instantly have wireless access to your music library for break music, backing tracks, or ear-training. Have a song you want the rest of the band to learn? Pair your phone and start rehearsing!
Naturally, you want to record your gigs, as well as producing studio projects, podcasts, and so on. It’s smart to record your rehearsals, too. So StudioLive AR mixers offer two different ways to record. Connect a StudioLive AR22 USB mixer to your computer via USB 2.0, and you have a 22x4 multitrack digital recorder, ready to capture all input channels plus the main mix to a Mac or Windows PC with professional, 24-bit/96 kHz quality. An onboard stereo SD recorder lets you record the main mix without a computer—just hit Record and go. Recording can’t get much easier than this!
Both the integrated USB recording interface and the SD recorder have multiple uses beyond simply recording. With just a few backing tracks, your small band can sound like a much larger act. Using the two stereo USB playback streams, you can add backing tracks, click tracks, or program music to your mix. Use the SD recorder to play up to 32 GB of MP3 and .WAV files for hours of program music or backing tracks without needing a computer. And don’t forget the Bluetooth feature in the Super Channel, which lets you play break music straight from your smartphone. With several ways to get the job done, you can work the way you want to.
PreSonus StudioLive AR mixers are tightly integrated with state-of-the-art recording software to help you achieve your creative vision. Record with PreSonus’ Capture™ live-recording software, then edit in Presonus' award-winning Studio One® Artist DAW (recording and production software); both are included free. As a bonus, you get the Studio Magic Plug-in Suite for Mac and Windows, which includes seven popular plug-ins in VST, AU, and AAX formats.
To get a great mix, you need high-quality effects. The StudioLive AR22 USB has you covered with an internal stereo effects processor with 16 presets, including an assortment of room, hall, and plate reverbs; chorus and delay effects; even a preset that emulates an acoustically treated studio room to provide a warmer, more intimate tone. A dedicated effects return, complete with master level fader and dedicated monitor sends, lets you adjust the amount of the effects in your main and monitor mixes. You can even bypass the effects with a footswitch (optional). It’s just another way that StudioLive AR mixers enable you to build professional-quality mixes and recordings quickly and easily.
Compact and built for the road, the StudioLive AR22 USB is an easy-to-use, all-in-one solution for audio mixing and recording. With a wide variety of connections, two ways to record, and a simple, elegant mixing surface, it will quickly become the heart of your live and studio sound systems. Check it out now at your favorite PreSonus dealer!
Now includes Studio Magic Plug-in Suite. This suite of plug-ins adds a wealth of fresh sounds and effects to Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each plug-in brings a different flavor of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren't gimmicky one-trick ponies — these are real-deal workhorses that you'll rely on for countless mixes.
- Mac® OS X 10.8.5
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor (Intel Core i3 or faster recommended)
- Windows® 7 x64/x86 SP1 +platform update, Windows 8.1 x64/x86, Windows 10 x64/x86
- Intel Core 2 Duo (Intel Core i3 or faster recommended)
- Mac and Windows Systems
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- 30 GB hard-drive space (Studio One)
- Internal or external7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- Monitor with 1366x768 resolution (high-dpi monitor recommended)
- Microphone Preamp
- Type: XLR Female, Class A
- Maximum Input level (unity gain): Mono Channels +18 dBu, ±1.0 dB, Stereo Channels: -5 dBu, ±1.0 dB
- Gain Control Range: Mono Channels: 50 dB, ±1 dB (Unity to +50 dB), Stereo Channels: 40 dB, ± 1 dB (+5 to +45 dB
- Frequency Response to Analog Outputs: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0.5/-1.5 dB
- Frequency Response to USB (Direct): 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0.5/- 1.5 dB
- S/N Ratio to Outputs (+4 dBu): 89 dB
- THD+N (min. gain, A-wtd): < 0.01%
- Input Impedance: 1 k?
- EIN (+55 dB gain, 150? input, 20 Hz-22 kHz, A-wtd): Mono Channels: < 128 dBu, Stereo Channels: <120 dBu
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, +55 dB gain): 65 dB
- Phantom Power: +48V, ±3V, Global
- Note: All Channel Inputs sum through Mic preamp:
- Instrument Inputs
- Type: ¼" TS Female, Unbalanced, Hi-Z
- Maximum Input Level (min. gain, 1 kHz@0.5% THD+N): +12 dBu ±1.0 dB
- Gain Control Range: 50 dB, ±1 dB (Unity to +50 dB)
- Frequency Response to Analog Outputs: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0.5/-1.5 dB
- Frequency Response to USB (Direct): 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0.5/-1.5 dB
- Dynamic Range (min. gain, A-wtd): > 105 dB
- Dynamic Range (mid. Gain, unwtd): > 108 dB
- THD+N (1 kHz, -1 dBFS, A-wtd): < 0.01%
- THD+N (1 kHz, -1 dBFS, unwtd): < 0.01%
- Input Impedance: > 1 M?
- Note: All Channel Input