Propellerhead Reason 9 - Upgrade from Any VersionThe recording software with everything you need to create amazing music.
Always inspired - Effortlessly create your dream studio with the Reason modular rack. Music making in Reason means joyful exploration and endless possibilities.
Never short on great sounds with the latest upgrade version Propellerhead Reason 9 - You can get creative legendary instruments, synthesizers, drum machines, samplers and more. With this version’s huge collection of sounds, you’ll be making music in no time. It's everything you need, and then some. Record and edit your music in Reason’s sequencer. Find your tone with guitar amps from Softube. Sculpt and polish your tracks to perfection with Reason’s million dollar mixing console and massive rack of effects.
Made by Propellerhead, Reason is an integrated software music production studio with audio recording, million-dollar mixing, built-in collaboration tools and a massive collection of instruments, sounds and effects. It’s the perfect choice for writing recording, remixing and producing great-sounding tracks. At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack that builds itself as you create your song. Fill your rack with as many devices as you need to get your sound. Reason’s legendary instruments and effects cover every need from acoustic and organic to electronic and synthetic.
As you build your rack, everything is automatically connected and routed for you. If you want to dive deeper, turn Reason’s rack around and you’ll find yourself in cable heaven! Craft the sound you are after by routing audio and control voltage freely between devices in the rack. Your imagination is the only limitation to what you can build. Capture your musical ideas in Reason’s powerful sequencer. Record and edit audio, MIDI or automation with powerful recording and editing tools. Quantize MIDI or audio to fix timing problems, or use ReGroove’s swing magic to breathe life into your sequences. Always in sync with your flow, forever adapting to you and your working methods, Reason's sequencer simply gets you there faster. Record first and pick your tempo later with Reason’s renowned time stretch. And thanks to audio transpose you can even record first and change the key later. Fine tune your vocal performances to perfection with Pitch Edit. Non-destructively change the pitch, correct the timing of your audio recording with Slice Edit. Or rework, resample or reshape your recordings into something completely new.
When finalizing your song, Reason's mixer upgrade gives your tracks that big studio sound right out of your computer. The Mixer is faithfully modeled after the legendary SSL 9000k*analog mixing desk, with flexible routing, full dynamics, EQ, full automation, groups and parallel channels, and its famous master-bus compression. When you're looking for even more creative options, Rack Extensions come to the rescue. Expand your virtual rack with new, inspiring instruments and effects created by developers around the world-from modern effects to vintage instruments. Rack Extensions are full Reason rack citizens, giving you the same fully integrated experience as when using any of the included synths, effects and utilities.
With a huge supply of synth sounds, sampled instruments, drum kits, loops and effects, Reason's built-in sound bank is packed with everything you'll need. Reason’s integrated, always open browser makes finding the right sound across a huge sample library a breeze. Want more? Upgrade your palette with a world of ReFill libraries-sound libraries custom-made for Propellerhead Reason 9.New in Reason 9
- Player devices - Add players to your favorite Reason instruments and unleash a torrent of musical ideas! The players adds a musical twist to what you are playing and the results are nothing short of magic.
- Scales & Chords - The scale aware Scales & Chords Player will filter and remap your playing to always be in key. With chord mode, you’ll be playing scale-perfect one-finger chords. You never knew you were this good!
- Note Echo - The name says it all. Note echo can create a trailing echo of your playing in any tempo or intensity you wish. Enable transpose create a layer of falling or rising notes.
- Dual Arp - Two powerful polyphonic arpeggiators in one device. They both have traditional arpeggio settings, but also a pattern mode where you can create intricate rhythmic, polyphonic patterns from what you are playing.
- Players combined - Best of all, each Player can be combined with the other, allowing for endless experimentation. Feed Note Echo through Scales & Chords, create an arpeggio of chords in exotic scales. What will you do?
- Pitch Edit - Polish your vocal recordings to perfection with the new Pitch Edit mode. Fine tune pitch and timing with the same transparency and quality as Reason’s famous time stretch.
- 1000 synth sounds - Inspire your music making in sound with 1000 new high quality synth patches from leading sound designers.
- Ableton Link support - Reason 9.1 adds Ableton’s Link technology to Reason. Jam with friends on Link enabled apps on desktop or iOS. Or bring the sound of your favorite iOS apps to your music.
- Bounce in place - Speed up your workflow with Bounce in place - bounce a synth track to an audio clip with a single click.
- Themes - Default, blue or dark - select a visual theme that suits your mood.
- Reverse MIDI & automation - Select MIDI or automation data and reverse it.
- Rack Extensions - Rack Extensions are instrument and effect plug-ins that blend seamlessly in your Reason rack. Reason supports the latest generation of Rack Extensions, offering interactive displays and compelling sample based instruments. You can browse and purchase all Rack Extensions here in the Propellerhead Shop, and even download fully functional trial versions to load into your rack.
- Supports the Allihoopa music making and collaboration service, with access to an endless supply of inspiring user-created music, backing tracks and performances.
- Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
- Rack Extensions lets you expand your collection of instruments and effects from Propellerhead and 3rd party developers
- Huge factory sound bank, with patches for all Reason's devices, samples, and loops
- Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with Blocks mode and audio comping tools
- High quality realtime time stretch & audio transpose
- Pitch Edit mode for polishing your vocal recordings
- Audio slicing and audio quantize—correct the timing of your audio recordings
- Convert recorded or imported audio in the sequencer into REX loops for further sound manipulation
- MIDIinstrument output—control synths, samplers and keyboards from Reason's sequencer
- MIDI clock output—sync hardware to Reason
- Advanced exporting—export your separate mixer channels as individual audio stems, including effects and tempo track
- Live sampling on all Sampler devices
- RPG-8 Monophonic Arpeggiator
- ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console
- Matrix pattern-based sequencer
- Pulsar Dual LFO
- 14:2 mixer w/ EQ and effects send/return
- 6:2 channel stereo line mixer
- Spider Audio Merger & Splitter
- Spider Control Voltage Merger & Splitter
- Remote mapping to external MIDI controllers and hardware control surfaces
- ReWire support
- Supports all major file formats—from wave and aiff to mp3 and more
- Realtime sample rate and bit depth conversion allows for importing any audio into Reason without issues
- Multicore support and 64-bitco